Chapter 17

The following night in the Great Hall at the end dinner Headmistress McGonagall stood up, and announced she had important news.

"It appears my plan to integrate the four houses, has not gone as well as I had hoped. So I am trying a new approach. In order to honor both the fighters, and the lost of the battle here at Hogwarts last year, there will be a winter dance for our younger students first through fourth year, and  a masquerade ball for our fifth through seventh year students. The dance attire will be semi formal. The ball will be formal with masks required. Theming your outfits is encouraged for the sake of fun, but not required. These events will take place on December thirteenth, and I do hope all students will participate. You are excused."

With her words came a buzz of excitement. The last time a school event as such had occurred had been the Yule Ball four years prior. Majority of Hogwarts students had never had the honor of attending one, and it seemed that most were excited. Particularly, Ginny.

"Oh, Mione! A ball! We all need costumes!" She squealed.

"How about the Greek gods, and goddesses?" Hermione suggested.

"I love it! Harry could be Zeus!"

"Think your boyfriend is a God, Gin?" Hermione teased.

"Actually 'Mione in case you missed it he has a lightning bolt on his forehead."

The girls paused to laugh before Ginny stated in a calm, matter-of-fact way

"We are going dress shopping tomorrow."

"Ginny... tomorrow we have classes. We aren't allowed to leave."

"Ridiculous. We will be going tomorrow and that's final. We need to pick dresses now, before everyone else."

(Short little filler chapter! Lots of big and exciting stuff occurring as the chapters progress!)