Chapter 24

Hermione was laying in bed peacefully Saturday morning. The way the sun was shining through the window suggested it was definitely past nine. Which was fantastic, Hermione never slept in late. She was reveling in this when the door burst open.

"Good morning, Sunshine!" Ginny cried out barreling in arms full of what may have been at one point a beauty shop. Luna followed suit behind her.

"I kicked out the ferret. Told him to get ready elsewhere. Your entire dorm is about to become a beauty salon." Hermione sat up in bed, as Luna set a large tray of breakfast down beside them.

"That should be enough food until lunch. Winky said she would bring up some sandwiches then. Such a wonderful woman."

Hermione glowed at Luna's reference to Winky as a woman and not an elf. However incorrect it was.

It was at that point she realized she was still sitting in bed in her pjs and got up to help Ginny move the makeup, dresses, shoes, and many accessories into safe places.

"Is it really necessary to start getting ready at ten in the morning? The ball is not until seven tonight." Hermione asked as Ginny began to pull out an assortment of bottles from a tiny bag.

"I am very happy you taught me your extension charm. And yes, we aren't going to begin hair and makeup yet, but I have many amazing treatments. You are going to want to use these. Be sure to read all instructions." She replied shoving all of the bottles into her arms. Hermione shook her head and made her way into the bathroom.

It seemed Ginny had an entire salon's worth of product. And Luna had contributed some all natural products to it. Ginny's potions had helped her to successfully grow her hair five more inches and it was incredibly smooth. Her teeth were radiantly white, and her skin looked flawless. Luna's shaving cream had removed any stray hairs she applied it to. The lotion she had made had her skin feeling like silk, and smelling like a rose.

When Hermione exited the bathroom in her fluffy pink robe almost an hour later she admitted to Ginny that she would be okay with going to the ball exactly like that.

"Very funny. Now sit on that stool I'm going to do your toes. Luna, you go ahead, and take your bath."

Luna giddily made her way into the bathroom dragging her own light blue robe behind her.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Ginny asked with concern.

"I can handle Ron." Hermione said feigning confidence. Truth be told she was extremely nervous.

"Are you sure you don't want me to set you up with a guy to be your date?"

"Positive."

The girls ate the sandwiches that arrived at about three, shortly after Luna, and Ginny had finished bathing in their robes before the fireplace.

"Next is hair and makeup. Does everyone have an idea of what they want done?" Ginny questioned.

"Pink and pretty. And I want my hair up." Luna said casually.

"I changed my dress." Hermione admitted.

"I want something that enhances my eyes with out being too much, and my hair extremely curly, and half up half down. The makeup I want to enhance the eyes and red lips."

"The new dress is red?"

"Yes, but I want it to be a surprise."

"Okay then! Luna I'll get your makeup, and hair done first, it sounds the easiest to do. Then I'll do my own, if you don't mind going last 'Mione."

"Not at all. You know I prefer as little makeup on my face for as long as possible."

Ginny was able to work her magic quickly, and by six thirty she had all three girls fully ready. She and Luna were already

Luna:

Ginny:

Ginny:

Hermione:

Hermione:

"Are you sure you don't want me to lace you up?" Ginny asked one last time before leaving to meet Harry

"Absolutely. Go on now! The Lightning God awaits! You look absolutely beautiful."

"So do you. I can't wait to see the new dress."

"Shortly enough you will!"

As soon as Ginny left, Hermione made her way over the closet. After a few seconds of examining it she figured out how to get on the underwear Draco had selected, and pulled it on. She then stepped into her shoes.

"Wingardium Leviosa."  The dress hovered over her head, before she slowly allowed it to drop down onto her body.

Focusing on what she wanted done she used magic to tie the laces on the dress's corset. She finished by putting on the beautiful jewelry, and finally her mask.

Taking a look in the mirror she hardly recognized herself. It was a Cinderella moment. Even more fantastical than the Yule Ball. She was still admiring herself when a knock sounded on her bedroom door.

Draco gently opened it saying from around the corner

"Show Time, Granger. Are you ready?"

"I don't know, Malfoy. Why don't you tell me?" She asked opening the door.

For the first time in his life, Draco Malfoy had no words.