Chapter 30 (II) : A Day To Remember

Swara and Sanskar were sitting cuddled up together on a lovely white swing which was located at a quieter area of the huge park. There was hardly anyone there and they took it as a precedence to spend their time together and nurture each other.

"Those flowers are so beautiful!" Swara pointed out in wonderment as her eyes fell on a bed of fresh and beautiful flowers at a distance from them. Sanskar's eyes followed hers and he too agreed.

"Too bad we are not allowed to pluck flowers from here, or else I would pluck one and just like it is shown in love stories, I would kneel down and propose you to be mine forever." he stated with a smile and it left Swara stunned for a while.

"What..." she struggled to formulate words as she was left in sheer surprise by his words, "N-No Sanskar, you don't have to. You already know I'm yours!"

"Yes, that you are. But I never proposed you officially."

"But you have said 'I love you' to me so many times," she exclaimed as she couldn't contain that euphoria she felt. Not every woman was fortunate enough to have her man plan to propose her this graciously!

"So?" he asked nonchalantly.

His plan left Swara to stare at him without blinking even for once. Noticing that, Sanskar found her innocence so adorable and he fell in love with her once again.

"Arey," he turned towards her and pulled her cheeks a little, "Meri pyaari si, bholi si Swara, there is something in this world called 'proposal' and I believe, any love story is incomplete without it. I thought you would know this better since you have always liked to read fairytales."

Swara smiled shaking her head and pulled his hands away from her cheeks and cupped his hands by hers, "You have already done more than enough for me, Sanskar. What matters the most is that we are together and our love for each other is far above any proposal. And having you in my life itself is the best surprise for me. It's the best thing I could have asked God for. I don't need anything else as long as I have you."

Her words rendered Sanskar speechless as she smiled lovingly at him. Her orbs spoke more than she did and he lost himself in the love her eyes beheld. Truly, this girl never failed to amaze him with her simplicity. She never dreamt or asked for anything big or extraordinary, instead she embraced with love whatever -- no matter how small or simple -- came her way. That's what made her special and stand out from others. That was his Swara! Such a girl truly deserves the world.

So, he just smiled back at her and shrugged his shoulders, "if you say so." But he promised himself he would plan something for them very soon. Of course, he would.

"Do you want to eat something?" she asked after some moments of silence, "It's afternoon. We didn't even have lunch."

He shrugged his shoulders, "We can but I don't feel that hungry. We had that medium sized bucket of popcorn and a can of cold drink back there in the theatre, and after that we had ice cream. My stomach barely has any space left now." he said and she narrowed her eyes towards him.

"As expected from you. No wonder you are so thin."

"No, I'm not!" he said in his defense. "I have maintained this by going to gym regularly."

Swara chuckled seeing his expression and Sanskar straightened himself before asking, "Are you hungry?"

"No. I was asking for you." she said truthfully and his eyes glinted.

"Really?" he asked in a slight teasing tone, but at the same time adore her for her thoughtfulness. Swara nodded her hea smiling.

Next moment, she felt the swing move a little as Sanskar used his feet to push the swing to and fro. "Oh, wow!" she exclaimed in joy.