Chapter 23 : My Life Before And After He Came

It was morning and the heavy rains had also stopped, and a beautiful, pleasant earthly smell could be felt when it filled up the nostrils of those who loved this nature.

No sooner Swara felt the beauty in this nature, a smile graced her features and she felt like with every passing moment, she was being engulfed by this beautiful thing called 'happiness'!. She looked outside the window. She felt like everything she could see outside the window, be it the clouds, the rainbow due to the rains, the trees, the chirping of birds, everything was smiling at her. Everything was making her happy from within.

All the memories of yesterday she had with Sanskar, rushed to her with a great intensity when she saw herself in front of the mirror. Each of the moment they ever shared with each other flashed across their eyes. Their first meet, him saving her, her hugging him when she was scared, the time when they played truth and dare and his confession that he loved her when he finished singing that day, when he told her yesterday that he loved her, and when he kissed her. Oh, out of all the moments they spent together, him confessing his love and kissing her on the forehead was the most special one. She felt loved by him and now she wished to be loved by him forever.

Her eyes automatically travelled towards the area where his 'touch' still lingered, over her forehead. She caressed it slowly, and she smiled closing her eyes.

She loved him.

She loved him!!!

There, she poured her heart out. And she didn't regret it one bit. In fact, now she wanted to welcome this love with open arms.

She wanted him. She wanted him in her life. She wanted to be there for him and with him. She wanted to hold his hand in hers and think of their future together. She wanted to double their joys and halve their sorrows. She wanted to do everything -- with him, and that too together!

So, this was how it felt like. To love someone and to be loved by someone equally. She felt like she was the happiest person alive who got everything.

Yesterday, when she felt her love for Sanskar deep within her soul, she could see everything in this world felt so lovely, so pure, so serene to her. A world where she could be with Sanskar and everything else would look so great.

"After all these years of being deeply indulged into what I knew matters in my life, I have finally come to realise that there is also someone else in my life who matters to me... more than anyone can imagine. I feel like I finally have a reason to live my life, kyu ki uske bina meri zindagi ka koi matlab nahi hai. Ab mujhe sirf apne liye nahi, uske liye bhi jeena hai. He loves me, I knew that from before. But now, he also showed me. Sanskar, tumne mujhe yeh ehsaas dilwaya ki tum se jyada pyaar mujhe iss pure duniya mein koi bhi nahi kar sakta. Or ab meri zindagi mein bhi, mere liye tum se jyada or tumhare pyaar se jyada badhkar ab kuch bhi nahi hai."

"So, you finally admit that you love him?" Her inner voice shouted to her and she sighed in content.

"Yes, yes. A million times yes. And now, I want to follow my heart and accept everything. I want to let him know that he means so much to me. He owns a very special place in my heart and I just can't wait to tell him this."

She closed her eyes smiling and kept her palm near her heart as if feeling it's beating. That was all it took for her to realise that her heart was already owned by someone else. And if this was where her destiny was taking her... then she wanted to accept it with open arms. She wanted to accept that she loved Sanskar and that he meant a lot to her, he meant everything to her!

And now she didn't want to step back after how far she'd come. All this while she had a lot of struggle with her own self whether or not to accept these feelings, and now that she had, she didn't want to let it go.