Chapter 22 : Just 'Us'

They say, 'Life is full of surprises and serendipity. One should have enough courage to accept the unexpected turns in the road. If you try to plan every step, you may miss those wonderful twists and turns. You may not always end up where you thought you were going, but you will always end up where you are meant to be.'

All you can do is... just let things happen. Happy things? Let it happen. Pain? Let it happen. Let joy also happen. Let tears also happen. For all we know, everything happens for a reason. And this is something one needs to remember -- the Almighty above always has something special in store for everyone.

And so did she!

And she had realised it.

She stood there surprised, delighted beyond extent. Never had she ever imagined herself that this was how it was meant for her to be all along. She was exhilarated as she felt a hand extending towards her... the same hand she would love to hold on forever and never let go no matter what.

She lifted her head towards the owner of the hand and no sooner she moved her orbs towards the person, she knew he was the one for her. He had always been all along.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Since two days, Swara had been getting this same dream in the morning -- she was standing in a place, all dolled up, and her prince charming suddenly came out from nowhere and without any much effort, he held her hand in his, just like how it happened in fairytales. The princess finds her prince charming and their story finally ends in a 'happily-ever-after'.

It's said that morning dreams come true, and she had been getting this dream since two consecutive days. Her heart skipped several beats. What it would be like if this dream of hers came true?

After a very long time, Swara felt like believing in fairytales again... All those bad times one goes through, only to have a happy ending at the end. But isn't it said that 'behind every end, there's always a new beginning!' She believed a new beginning was in store for her as well. She closed her eyes, she hoped, and hoped. And felt. And believed this was finally it. And this time, nothing stopped her.

It'd been two days since Sanskar got hurt on his head because of those men and since then, Swara had been taking care of him, telling him time to time to have rest. Since two days, she visited his room in the morning to make sure he took his medicines -- which to her dismay he always forgot -- in order for his wound to heal faster. But you know what, to come to Sanskar and look after him was a small excuse for Swara to spend more time with him, and same went for Sanskar too. But again, at the end, she only wanted his well-being, as she also knew that he was responsible and very caring towards the entire mankind but he was extremely careless when it came to himself. After she came to him, she made him something he could eat -- as she believed that home-cooked food was better than outside-cooked food -- and they shared some time together. Whether it was just a simple hand-holding moment between the two or just random talks regarding life. They talked about anything and everything.

Except their love for each other.

Most of the time, Sanskar attempted to bring the subject up somehow -- the subject about what they felt about each other -- but was either turned down unintentionally by Swara or something other came up -- like a ringtone of a phone call, or a knock made by Rajat to come and take what he forgot to take with him. As Swara used to come to Sanskar, Rajat used to go to Anushka. It was to leave the alleged love birds alone and to have his own time with his ladylove.

A smile formed on Swara's face. She remembered, today was the day she was going to get Sanskar's dressing removed. Finally! Two days of complete rest was worth it. She knew the wound had probably healed by now, that also meant he had fully recovered now.