Chapter 05 : Her Eyes

"Well.. I have to admit it. This Sanskar is not as lame as I thought him to be."

Swara had the thought in her mind and she left out a deep sigh as Sanskar finally dropped her home. Right now, Sanskar was dropping her at the doorstep of Baadi supporting an umbrella above her head so that she did not get wet. Swara entered the Baadi and Sanskar stood outside looking at her.

Sanskar : You sure you can go, right?

Swara rolled her eyes upwards in disbelief. It's not like the rain would crush down the entire Baadi and make her drench.

Swara : What do you think you're asking?

Sanskar (in his defense) : Oh! Don't mind. I just cared...

Swara : (assured him) Don't worry. I am almost here.

She curved her lips towards him giving a very slight smile and Sanskar seemed surprised. "Thank you, Dr. Sanskar..."

"Aahh.. Look. I won't mind if you call me just 'Sanskar'! Really!" Sanskar chuckled and shrugged his shoulders and a part of him hoped that she agreed. Swara should not be so formal with him, well! Swara nodded her head.

Swara (shrugged) : Okay. Fine.

"Okay, fine? That means she agreed!" Sanskar smiled thinking to himself and giving the last smile to Swara, he turned around to leave and Swara looked at his departing figure...

"Maybe Swara, you have been thinking wrong about him. He seems like a gentleman and is not that irritating as you thought him to be."

Okay, Swara admitted that her point of views regarding people often changed. But this time, her conclusion was clear...

Well, she should not forget he had helped her so many times! She smiled.

♡♡♡♡♡~~~♡♡♡♡♡

"Dida... Kyu jaa rahi ho aap!!! Kuch time baad jaati?"

Swara pouted and hugged Shobha tightly and Sharmishtha smiled. Her Dida was all set with her luggage lying against the wall and she was all dressed up in her Bengali saree.

Dida : Shoru, you know na I want the best for my family. And by my family I mean you and your mother! (Swara pouted as Shobha broke the hug) Benaras jaa rahi hoon mannat maangne... (cupped Swara's face) I'll be back after a few days. It's just a matter of three weeks only na!

Sharmishtha : And Shona don't worry about me.

"Lekin Maa.. won't you feel alone? I mean... The house would be so empty all of a sudden na?" Swara turned around and said to Sharmishtha. She again looked at her Dida.

Swara : Or Dida.. Apni Shoru ko chhod kar jaa rahi ho aap woh bhi all of a sudden! Not fair!

Shobha : Yeh lo.. (frowned) You are talking as if I am going forever. (chuckled) Phone par baatein toh hoti rahegi na Shoru. So, don't worry.

Swara (hugged her smiling) : Bye Dida! I miss you. Jaldi aana because your Shomi and Swara will miss you!

Dida (chirped) : Of course. I will be back for you guys.

They broke the hug and then Sharmishtha went and hugged her mother. "Dhyan rakhna Maa. And yes call me once you reach the railway station."

Dida : Yes, I will. (broke the hug)

Swara (worriedly) : But Dida... Don't you think it's raining very heavily? Aapko aaj hi kyu jaana tha!

Dida : Because Shoru our ticket was booked for today's train only. That's why I had to leave today only.