Chapter 24 : Is That What You Think?

The entire day passed by and in that whole day, Swara planned how she would confess her feelings to Sanskar. She felt face-to-face communication was better and more effective than talking on phone call, so she had made her decision that she would talk to him straight.

It was night time and for Swara it was just another sleepless night. When she knew that she wouldn't be catching sleep anytime soon, she thought of doing some time pass on her mobile. While doing that, she scrolled through her WhatsApp messages list as if trying to find someone. And she stopped at a point. There he was. She clicked on his profile picture and she stared at it for a long time. In the picture, he was wearing a pink shirt and white trackpant and was sitting in an Indian style with his legs crossed, his chin on his clasped hands, his elbows on his thighs and giving out his characteristic beautiful smile. Swara smiled staring at his picture, for sure he looked very handsome and cute but his looks were not the one she had fallen in love with. It was the person he truly was, in and out. An inspiring doctor, a kind, sweet, humble man and a true friend who stood by her through thick and thin. It was his selfless love for her that made her develop feelings for him more than before. She liked him much before she realised he liked her, but now she loved him. She loved him and she wanted him in her life and she wouldn't deny it.

"Enough of staring. It's time to sleep now, Swara. There is a lot to do tomorrow. A lot to say, a lot to confess, a lot to express, a lot more to happen. Just can't wait for tomorrow when I will get to talk with him."

She wished to talk with him today only, but after she got to know that Sanskar wasn't in the room and had gone out for some work in the evening. She had called Sanskar first, but when he didn't pick the call, she called Rajat, and she came to know Sanskar had some work to do which was related to the camp, for which he had gone out.

After staring at his picture for some time, she thought of calling it a day before switching all the lights off. Slowly, she drifted into sleep and her subconscious was all set to dream about her future with him.

Little did she have any idea that both of them had something else in store tomorrow that could possibly ruin all their expectations they had from their destiny for each other!

~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day afternoon, Swara sucked in deep breath as two contradicting thoughts in her mind put her in a conflict. 'Should she go in?' or 'maybe she could talk to him about her feelings for him later?' But she knew she had only today's day to talk to him. Because from tomorrow upto two days, Sanskar was going to be out due to some work which was related to the medical camp. And after two days they were going to leave back for Kolkata, and somewhere deep down, Swara didn't wish to wait that long neither she wanted to disturb him when he would be at work. If there was one quality they shared, it was both of them were very career-oriented and their work was more above their personal lives.

After thinking hard and finally reaching a conclusion, she rang the bell on the door.

Her heart thudded as she thought about what would happen further.

Two minutes was all it took for Rajat to open the door and attend the intruder. When he saw Swara standing infront of him, he smiled. "Oh hi, Swara!"

"Hi Rajat." She greeted back with a smile. "Actually I was... umm..."

"Yes, yes. I know you are here to meet Sanskar." He said with a slight smirk. Swara's cheeks tinted with little red.

"Where is he?" She asked with anticipation.

"He is in his room. You can go and see for yourself. Meanwhile, I will go and meet Anushka."

"Yeah, she is also fine. Just taking rest. You can go and meet her."