Chapter 21 : How Can I Leave You?!

"Your heart knows things that mind cannot explain. Believe in yourself and always follow your heart, Swara. Always remember this, for it's not the mind but it's the heart that knows it's way."

Swara always followed this advice given by her Dida, and over a period of time even she believed in it. Throughout her life, most of the times she used to follow her heart.

And undoubtedly, now also she wanted to do the same! For a while, she wished to forget all that were binding her from being honest to her own-self and accept her feelings.

And she was planning on doing that today itself!

Swara, after all that happened today in the morning, had this sudden urge to clear things out. Though Sanskar kept on making her believe everytime that he, too, had feelings for her, just the same way she had for him, she had this desire of hearing it straight from him. All she wanted to know was her place in his heart.

And this time, she wasn't going to back off...

Much the same way he showed that he liked her through his actions, now even she wanted to do the same. She, too, wanted to be open about her feelings now because somewhere, deep down, she knew it would all be worth it!

Now, there was no looking back. Now for her, only the present and future was all that mattered. It was really difficult for her to let all the pain, all the tears, all the heartbreak go too easily, but she could confidently say now that she had healed from emotional pain.

Even when she was sitting in front of the dressing table, combing her hair and getting ready for the seminar that they four were going to attend today, she was all engrossed in her own thoughts. She had feelings for Sanskar, she was sure about it. But she didn't understand where to start. Should she just simply tell Sanskar about how differently she felt about him, or should she ask him about her place in his heart first? It confused her. But either way, she knew they both were going to talk about how they felt towards each other.

And Swara Bose couldn't wait for that special moment.

"Ahm ahm!"

She was shook by the voice in front of her and through the mirror, she saw it was Anushka. She smiled brightly and hugged her best friend from behind, "toh madam, kiske khayalon mein khoyi hui hai aap?"

The question made Swara smile and a chuckle escaped, "Kuch bhi toh nahi. Bas aisehi."

"Kya baat hai. Aaj bohot glow kar rahi hai meri Swara! What's the latest buzz?"

Swara rolled her eyes, "Anushka! Kya tu bhi? Smiling doesn't always need a reason, right!"

"Yes, that is true. But this kind of smile... I mean," she cupped Swara's jaw and both cheeks and pulled them cutely only to annoy her further. "The one where your cheeks are flushed crimson red, there is definitely a reason for such a beautiful smile on your face."

Before Swara could say anything in her defence, Anushka pulled her up by her both hands and started making her dance salsa with her.

"Pyaar deewana hota hai mastana hota hai...!!!" She half-sang half-screamed, trying to make a shocked Swara turn around under her finger. "Har khushi se har gum se begaana hota hai!"

"Anushka!" Her antics drove Swara crazy, like real crazy, and she left her hands. "Kya tu bhi. Kuch bhi bole or kiye jaa rahi hai. Now leave me alone, let me get ready. You are ready doesn't mean you irritate me while I'm getting ready."

"Darling," she hanged her arms on her shoulder playfully, "Teasing and irritating you is my birthright. And you have no right to snatch this from me!"