Chapter 20 : The Unexplained Vulnerability

She had never felt her mind so preoccupied by someone before.

All this while, she thought she was strong! She thought she had her heart detached from herself so that she would never feel any kind of emotion that would ever appear as a weakness to her in her later life. All she wanted was a clear path throughout her life. And... she did succeed in that to some extent, but now she was once again standing at a point where her heart, and all the feelings it held mattered.

More than anything else.

Swara couldn't understand how come a man could make her feel so much. All the men she had ever loved or wanted to be with in her life had either broke her heart or lost her trust. Be it her father, be it her ex-fianceè... They were the reason behind her family's sufferings. But no matter what happened, she had always been strong for her family. Because she knew, her pain would break her mother and she didn't want that for the woman she loved the most in this world. She had always taught herself to be strong so that she could keep her loved ones, her family strong. No matter what her father did to her mother and her, she stayed sane. Also, they never thought of moving away from Kolkata to get rid of those gossips from the society, because that would mean that they were cowards who feared the society when in reality they were not. Why should one run from something when they aren't at fault?

Mr Ghoshal... Mr Sahil Sengupta... those two were the reasons behind her broken heart and all those strong walls that built around her heart as she went through the darkest times of her life. She had learnt to live with all that pain now, but somehow she still wished some things in her life hadn't ended the way they did. Then it would have been much easier for her to accept whatever turmoil her heart was going through today, at this time.

She had always convinced herself she would never have her heart first given to someone and then have it broken again. She had convinced herself to put her family and career at the top, and nothing else. There were boys back then at her college who liked her, a couple of them even proposed to her but she never accepted them. Firstly, because she no longer wanted any kind of hurdle in her path again and secondly, she was very sure they didn't like her for who she was inside out but rather because of her looks. And she had decided she was not going to let anyone ruin the path of her life that she had chosen by her choice and she was adamant on her that determination.

She had always been strong. In every phase of her life, in every course of her life.

Until today.

Now, she didn't feel as strong as she had always been. She wasn't strong enough to mask herself with her strong facade anymore. Because for the first time ever, someone had managed to break that facade of hers and see the side of hers that she never showed to anyone.

Her vulnerability!

This, what she was feeling today, all the emotions, all the turmoil in her heart today, this finally made her let her guards down for the first time. In front of someone who managed to look past her exteriors and see through her soul. He, was a man too. But he was nothing like the ones she had known all her life. He wasn't even a millimeter close to those kinds of men that Swara hated. In fact, he was one of the best people she had known in her life. The one person who managed to make her feel that goodness in this world still existed. The one person who was responsible for all this emotional turmoil of hers.

Sanskar Maheshwari!

Sometimes Swara wondered how it all started. How did things start, happen and end like that? Not so long ago, or let's say three to four months ago she was determined to make a bright future for herself and for her family by becoming what she wanted to be and live a satisfactory life ahead. And now...