Chapter 06 : My Destiny!

It was the first time Swara was going to perform a surgery and needless to say, just the sight of her new surgical materials was giving her goosebumps. This was normal for any other fresher to feel like this for her first surgery. Not that she wasn't nervous just like any other intern but...

She had to perform her first surgery with none other than... Sanskar Maheshwari! This was surely going to be a challenge for her. Not that she cared about with whom she was to do the surgery but the fact that he never failed to show his carefree vibe to her, somewhere, somehow, he reminded her of her own self and that was what she did not want. She did not want to remember her old self, that how she used to be before.

She still couldn't shake her head off his voice. The voice that had her name joined with his! Dr. Swara to perform a surgery with Dr. Sanskar! What's with that possessiveness? Or was it just her imagining things?

This guy, who had unknowingly and strangely helped her in getting recruited in this hospital, and then since day one, he never let go off a chance to approach her or at least find ways to approach her by using his not so good tricks -- such as punishing her in front of everyone that day -- only she knew how she had resisted the urge to punch him on his face.

And then having his attention fixed on her everytime... even between classes.

DAMN! She was going to go crazy overthinking this much. For the first time, Swara was failing miserably to figure out something.

It wasn't like she was getting attracted by any of his antics anyway. Or maybe she was? But this was annoying for her. Something about him had been very weird. First, he helped her with everything, without asking for anything in return. That day he offered her a lift to Baadi. And then he had helped her with a lot of things in this hospital too. What's with the unknown pull towards him? Why was this guy everywhere she was?

Maybe, it's because... he really wanted to help her. He really wanted to be someone for her. But for her this was unacceptable.

It was hard for her to lie her trust on someone again! Even though she knew that Sanskar was a very good guy, it was still hard for her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Swara entered the geriacs room along with her companion for the day Dr Isha. She had a good look around to see the surrounding of the place where she was allotted today. A smile crept on her face.

So here was her duty today! And after this, her first ever surgery. That was after few hours.

She gave a goodbye smile to Isha and walked towards her table, only to meet a middle aged woman who seemed almost like her own. She felt so homely and Swara smiled greeting her. "Hello, Ma'am!"

The woman smiled at her nodding her head and Swara turned her attention towards her medical history files. She thoroughly checked her files and woman's eyes meaningfully traced over her.

"Child... you look tensed?" Swara's head lifted towards the woman as soon as she said those words to her. She gave a confused expression to her in return.

"Don't mind me, child," The woman smiled shaking her head. "Actually, you're like an open book. And seeing the look in your face, one can easily say what you're going through. You look quite stressed to me, unless I'm wrong, of course."

"Umm... Ma'am," Swara gave her usual smile to the patient and checked her files. "You're perfectly fit and fine. There has been a progress in your health. And... no. I am not stressed out." she answered shaking her head. "It's just that... nothing actually. I'd been coping with something in my life so maybe it still shows some effect on me and my daily routine," she admitted and the patient pursed her lips smiling.