Chapter 31 : My Strength And Courage

"There is nothing more precious in this world than a mother," Swara remembered what Sanskar had told her once. But that was a time when she didn't know how emotionally arousing that statement was for him. And remembering it now... she felt so helpless that she couldn't do anything.

"She saw the same dream again." Ram sighed mournfully. Sanskar stared blankly at his mother through the glass on the door to her ward, she was sleeping. Swara just stood at her spot listening, ready to support her love if need be. She knew he was too distressed about his mother's health... who wouldn't? How would any child feel seeing his mother in such a vulnerable state?

"She said the same thing as last time. When she woke up from her sleep, she was in lot of panic because of the emotional impact of everything on her," he continued, "I think she has started to realize she has forgotten her life memories, all the people in her life, all the important events, including herself. I didn't know what else to do, so I just called you. Right now, she is sleeping as I gave her some sedative to calm her down."

Sanskar nodded his head listening to all that his father said. He didn't understand what to do, he just felt so helpless to see his mother like this. Was there any way he could fight with fate for the well-being of his mother?

Not wanting to stand there still any more, he opened the door to the room and made his way inside, his eyes focusing only on his mother.

"Sanskar..." Swara mumbled out to him worriedly as she looked at him.

"Swara?" Ram called out to her.

She turned towards him, "Yes, sir."

"I have an important conference call to attend. I don't want to leave my family alone but I think... I won't have to worry much if you stay here. Can you please be here with Sanskar until I come? I'll be back soon."

"Yes, sir. I will." Swara nodded her head and Ram sucked in a breath sadly.

"You know... he never shares his pain with anyone. Not even with me. In fact, he tries to be strong in front of me so that I don't break down. But I know how much everything happening with Sujata is affecting him. But with you, I think he will be more comfortable in opening up. I have seen that he really cares for you."

"Yes sir," she answered obediently. "Please don't worry, I won't leave Sanskar's side. I'm here with him and I'll always be there for him."

Seeing the sincerity and determination in her eyes, Ram gave her a light smile and patted on her shoulder before walking away from there for his work.

Swara opened the door and saw Sanskar sitting on a stool near his mother. She walked towards them and found him running his palm over Sujata's forehead as he relished on all the lovely memories of him with her. Seeing him become a doctor was her dream and he made sure to make that dream of hers come true even when she wasn't there to watch him become one.

As he was lost in his own sea of thoughts, he felt a familiar warmth over his shoulder from behind. He didn't even need to see who it was. He knew it was Swara. From the corner of his eye, he saw her taking a stool and sat down besides him.

"I'm here, Sanskar," came her soft voice and he slightly nodded his head acknowledging her presence besides him. Knowing his feelings very well, she placed her hand on his to calm the throbbing pain that had been spreading throughout his whole being at the lovely memories of him with his mom. A few moments passed by in silence. None of the two said a word as Swara knew no word was enough in front of what he was going through.

"I don't know what to say, Sanskar," she broke the silence that brought his attention towards her. She stared at his mother and continued, "Your pain, your loss is so huge and it is beyond anything I can say or do. But one thing I'm absolutely sure of is that I'm not going to let you go through this alone," she turned her head to look at him, "I'm here with you. Whether you want to scream, whether you want to cry, I'm here for you. It's not that we are supposed to be together only during our good times. We promised to stay together no matter how the situation is. In darkness, in adversity, we will always be together. We will face everything together."