Chapter 03 : How Dare He Punished Me!

"Swara... We have almost settled ourselves here, right?"

Anushka said to Swara who was preparing her bed for the night. This was how the hostel life was...

It was a very lavish and mediocre room with two beds on either sides of the room, one dressing table in the other side, a washroom and a couch with a coffee table on other corner of the room. Many facilities like the first aid kit, a telephone, a wardrobe and a cabinet were available in the room. So basically, this place was already a half-home to them.

It was almost night and since tomorrow was their first day in the hospital, they prepared themselves to sleep as early as possible. They couldn't afford to miss even a single lecture taken by their senior doctors. Especially Swara. She was extra particular regarding her duties as a doctor and she would fulfill all of those no matter what. It was for her career! It was for her family! For her, her family had always been before anything else. So, it was her first priority to sleep as soon as possible and respect all her seniors.

Ugh... And one of them was Dr. Sanskar Maheshwari.

Swara had no idea what exactly this Dr. Sanskar was. At one moment, he was talking so nicely with her but then later, what on earth came up over him that he seemed like he was almost flirting with her. Keyword being 'almost'.

Ever since she'd met him, he'd been there in the farthest corner of her mind... almost not existing but still there. And regarding his every-time smile, she was all speechless.

Chuck it! Why was she even thinking about him? How was it possible that she was thinking about a guy at night?

It might be possible because she'd crossed paths with the same person almost three times in one day. So, being thoughtful about it was natural.

Maybe?

"Leave it Swara. You're just being so thoughtful about someone who might have forgotten all this by now. For heavens sake, you're his junior and and he is just a colleague of you now." Swara mumbled to herself somehow trying to get his thoughts away from her mind.

Anushka had freshened herself in the washroom and she was combing her hairs in front of their dressing table.

"Swara..."

And that brought Swara out of her world.

"Yeah?"

"Woh... what time is it right now?"

Swara looked at the wall clock above, "Eleven-ten."

"Okay. That means I took ten minutes to get freshen up!" Anushka chirped while walking towards her bed.

"What?!" Swara chuckled. 'You are counting time?"

"Yes! So that I can see how much time it will take for me to get up in the morning and according to that, I'll fix my own sleep-wake cycle."

"Melatonin... huh?" Swara chuckled folding her arms. "I love it when we use biological terminologies to talk."

"That is what true doctors like us do!"

"Okay then! I'll set the alarm for 7.00 am for both of us." Swara said picking up her phone to set their alarm.

"Done!"

The girls smiled and prepared themselves to sleep. They switched off the lights brightening their room and kept the button of their table lamp on. They lied down on their beds, pulling their blankets on themselves.

"By the way," she turned over on her abdomen and looked at Swara. "You know what, I am still thrilled with the fact that we are now a part of a hospital as renowned as Kolkata College And Hospitall!"