Chapter 11 : When She Broke Down

Swara rested her back against the wall, taking uneven breaths, her condition completely like that of a person who had nothing left to lose in her life. She didn't know what to think anymore.

What was going on? How did all this happen? When did it happen? And where was she when all this happened to her mother? And most importantly... why did it happen?!

Never in her life she had ever imagined to see her mother in such a deformed condition.

And finally... her tears broke free. A tear dropped down from her eye as she still couldn't believe any of what was going on.

Sanskar stared at her, saw her every action. He didn't understand how... but he just couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. And on top of that, Swara's disheveled condition right now. The shock that Swara had to take in as all this happened within a spur of a moment, Sanskar didn't know what to do anymore. He just felt so sorry for Swara to see her in this state. Sanskar wanted to say so much to Swara right now. He wanted to comfort her with positive words, he wanted to assure her that everything would be fine, he wanted to tell her her mother would be fine...

But... what do you say to a girl who was so close to breaking down with the fear of something happening to her mother? He knew... this was above everything he could tell her. At this moment, words just weren't enough. Nothing was enough.

"Swara?" Sanskar called her in a very tender tone.

There was no response from Swara. She was still wondering what was happening inside the room with her Maa.

"Please Swara, don't worry." Sanskar comforted her, even if he knew this wasn't enough. "Doctors are checking her, I'm sure everything will be fine. Haan?"

She weakly nodded her head as she controlled her tears.

"Agar Maa ko k-kuch... ho gaya toh..."

"Kuch nahi hoga unhe." Sanskar assured her with his heart, keeping his hand on her shoulder, providing her warmth. "Don't worry. Nothing will go wrong."

Swara sighed closing her eyes. "I hope so too... that..."

A sound immediately stopped Swara and made her alert. She sensed the sound coming from the opening of the door of the room where her mother was taken a few minutes back.

The doctors came out of the room with a solemn expression on their faces. And somewhere, from that expression, it was evident that they had some disturbing news to give to them.

Swara and Sanskar immediately approached them, with Swara being the first one to approach them to ask about her mother. "Doctor? What is going on? Maa kaisi hai? Is she fine? She is fine, right? Please doctor, please tell me if Maa is..."

But the doctors dismissed Swara's questions and they immediately called out someone.

"Please give me a minute." One of the two doctors left from there, leaving the other doctor with Swara and Sanskar to talk.

"Please doctor!" Swara insisted to him. "Tell me what happened to Maa? She will be fine, right? Why don't you answer me?"

The doctor looked at Sanskar, who was also looking back at him expecting for an answer from him.

And after a deep, mournful sigh, the doctor looked back at Swara. She should know the truth.

"I don't want to give any false hope." The doctor told them, and let out a sigh. "The truth is... the accident was terrible, in fact more than terrible itself. This is the worst case of accident we have ever come across with." The doctor concluded from the diagnosis that he did recently. By this time, Swara had stopped breathing. She held on to her lungs to hear further, to hear that her mother was fine, which seemed unlikely and that only shattered her more.