Chapter 14 (I) : Getting Into The Bottom

Days after... everything that happened over those times...

Days after Sharmishtha accident, days after she regained her consciousness, days after so much tension in the air, days after Swara's pain, days after Sanskar meeting Swara's mother... now here they were, with things that were better than before.

Sharmishtha seemed to be recovering slowly as days passed by, and her wounds seemed to be healing too. It's already been two weeks since she was kept here, and almost two days before, she'd even started to walk, after being on the bed for so many days.

If there was one thing that didn't recover, it was her general concern for Swara.

Swara seemed a bit lost all these days, she never started her day once she was convinced that she was alright and didn't need anything. Sharmishtha knew, her accident had been very hard on Swara, and how wouldn't it? Which daughter wouldn't worry about her mother who'd been in a critical condition all this while?

Sharmishtha knew Swara more than Swara knew herself. She was her strong girl, a dedicated doctor now and a woman with a positive attitude. But... she also knew that she was vulnerable and sensitive too. After what her daughter had gone through in her life, only Sharmishtha knew her daughter so much better. She always knew when she was really happy, or sad, or depressed. A kind of sadness in Swara's eyes, her eyes were the mirrors to her heart for her.

She was a mother. She knew better.

But... for Sharmishtha, there was another good thing that happened with her in these days.

A feeling of satisfaction aroused her whenever Sanskar was with them, especially with Swara. All these days, she'd seen him like a knight in shining armour for Swara and her too. He was there whenever they needed anything, always doing his duty like a gentleman.

This young guy was really surprising for Sharmishtha. As per how Swara had introduced her to him, initially she came to know that he was her friend. But somewhere... with the kind of conversations that Swara and Sanskar had, she was put to question to her own heart, was it really only friendship there? Because what she'd come to observe so far, was that sometimes whenever she saw Sanskar and Swara talking with each other on occasional purposes, she could see that somewhere, she could see a kind of spark in the way they stared at each other, and also in the way they talked with each other. The invisible spark in Swara's eyes... no matter if it was something Swara didn't notice herself, but Sharmishtha knew her daughter even more than she knew herself. Most of the times, she'd seen him bringing a smile on Swara's face even when her mood was upset, always.

Sharmishtha had taken note of it, that day when...

"Maa, you really need to eat well." Swara told her one day, as she was feeding Sharmishtha some meals. Sharmishtha had still insisted that she'd eat herself, but Swara had taken the initiative.

As for Swara, days were really slow in passing. It seemed forever that she saw her mother so strong, so healthy. Her mom's surgery had eventually weakened her a bit, but she was still better. It was truly a miracle for a neutral perspective that Sharmishtha survived such a gruesome accident.

Sharmishtha chuckled at Swara's words. "Swara, I'm really full. And I don't want to overeat, please."

"It's not overeating, Maa." Swara convinced her. "Your body needs to gain more nutrition in order to regain it's original strength and your health. Okay? Now stop complaining and keep your mouth shut." Swara scolded her like a mother and Sharmishtha's lips broke into a smile.

It's so overwhelming when tables turned so fast that even she didn't realise. Since childhood, it was always Sharmishtha who insisted her Swara to eat more... she always made her eat. And today, her daughter was using her own mother's words against her.