Chapter 16 : Truth And 'Feelings'!

Next day...

It was just another ordinary day for all the people in the hospital. Being indulged in their works, walking here and there...

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Finally free from the little act that he did yesterday for Swara, Sanskar was sitting in his cabin busy in cross-checking some important reports. Suddenly, he heard sounds as if someone was knocking his cabin's door.

"Come in!" he allowed the intruder into his cabin.

And as he raised his head from the report file, the intruder opened the door which was revealed to be Rajat.

"Oh god! You are here? I was finding you everywhere," Rajat yelled.

"You were finding me?" Sanskar asked him in a playful way, "But you do know that you will find me in my cabin, haina? Come on, Rajat!"

"Very well, my fault." Rajat huffed rolling his eyes, "Forget it. Let me come to the main point. Do you even remember what is it today?"

Sanskar frowned in confusion, "What?"

"It's thirty-first of this month!" He informed. And no sooner Sanskar heard that date, he was slowly beginning to realise what it meant.

"Oh, yeah!" He remembered and then looked at his best friend, "I totally forgot about that. It's the date where all the doctors organise a small party together and play games throughout that night. This party is kept once in every three months and since we are already at the end of this third month after having the previous one, I'm sure that today is the day."

"Exactly! Aur baat sirf itni si hi nahi hai," he alerted, "We also know that Kavita has always been the one who hosts the party. Huh, you'll just see her today fluttering here and there in the hospital announcing about the party."

"I know that, Rajat," Sanskar got up from the chair and stared around as he fell in deep thinking, "I don't know what to do. We can't even say anything to her when she already has her father's consent, who we know is our fathers' partner."

"I have already seen her with her group of friends, and I'm damn sure they must be planning about the party only."

"The party does not matter to me Rajat," he folded his arms sighing, "What matters to me is what can happen at the party. Don't you remember that her and my presumed marriage is still playing in air! And that also means this time she won't ruin any of her chance with me. Also, that is not the only problem," he revealed the main reason behind his worry. "Honestly, I am thinking about Swara. Her past incidents with Kavita haven't been good, that is why I fear if Kavita finds some opportunity to do something to her in the party or else put her down. I don't want Swara to get hurt by her anymore, she has already done enough. So... you know what, prevention is better than cure. But even that won't work in this case because the party has always been-"

"...compulsory for all the interns!" Rajat completed his sentence.

Sanskar closed his eyes in worry, "Exactly!"

"It's okay Sanskar, we will think of something to get rid of this. There isn't much we can do but then still-"

"...except for one thing."

Sanskar declared within a fraction of a second as soon enough, something came in his mind and made him ponder for a while. Even Rajat looked at him trying to figure out what Sanskar was suddenly thinking. Whereas, a smile of satisfaction made it's way to Sanskar's lips.

Rajat looked at him and shaked him to call him, "What? Did you think of something?"

"Aah, nothing much!" He said as if determined about doing something, "It's surely going to be lot of fun at the party today, Rajat. So, why not start preparing ourselves from now only?"