Chapter 01 : A New Challenge

Swara and Anushka looked at the nurse coming in their way. Finally, she had arrived!

"Alright!" The nurse announced. Within her announcement, all the attention from all the interns out turned towards her.

"All the new freshers here, I am Nurse Fernandez. Nice to meet you all." She gave a smile to everyone.

"Now, I'll be calling out each intern's name and you all have to answer me in a 'present' if you are there. I would appreciate your attention as I go on calling your names."

Swara and Anushka eagerly waited for their names to be called. She opened her book and she had a quick scan before calling out the names. Within a few moments, Nurse Fernandez started calling out a few names one by one.

"Rohan Malhotra?"

"Present!"

"Anjali Shah?"

"Present!"

"Aisha Patel?"

"Present!"

"Kartik Singhania?"

"Present!"

Swara pursed her lips playing with her fingers and tapped her feet continuously waiting for her name, while Anushka kept her fingers crossed.

"Isha Kapoor?"

"Present!"

"Aman Singhania?"

"Present!"

"Swara Bose?"

Swara's eyes shot up in acknowledgement and Anushka looked on excited.

"Present!" Swara raised her hand up and sighed contentedly as the nurse continued her attendance further.

"Tera toh aa gaya..." Anushka pouted. "Mera kab aayega yaar."

"Jaldi aayega." Swara smiled. "Don't worry."

"One more announcement!" The nurse announced to everyone. "Interns whose names have been called can leave for the interview room. That's the final call for your entries. The Dean of our hospital and the senior doctors are going to interview you about your qualifications and capabilities. And those who have their names pending, have to wait here."

"You go Swara." Anushka told her. "I'll wait here till my name is called."

"Okay." Swara told her. "But try to come fast. By the time, I'll try to find this room. And if necessary, I will ask somebody."

"Okay. I'll catch up with you later then."

Swara put her palm on Anushka's shoulder. "Sure!"

She then sprinted off to a random direction while Anushka turned towards the nurse who was busy in calling out other names.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Interview room... kaha hai yeh... kaha hai yeh... ugh..."

Swara checked... and rechecked... and rechecked... but damn! No angel on this earth helped her to find this Interrogation room! She was already searching for ten minutes and her legs were now beginning to ache.

No!

'Not at all! Swara Bose, you are a doctor for heaven's sake. How will you treat your patients if you are only this weak?!'

She brushed off all those weird thoughts away from her mind and started seeing each and every board put on the door but...

"Bhagwan ji orr kitni pariksha loge meri. Thodi toh madat kardo. I need your help!" She mentally had a conversation with God.