Chapter 30 (I) : Not That Easy To Mess With Me!

"I wish we had more time with each other today," Swara confessed as she talked on call with Sanskar at night. Talking with Sanskar and sharing her feelings, her thoughts, everything with him was same as breathing for her as he was her better-half, a part of her soul.

"You know," Sanskar began on the other side, "we could have had more time together if you hadn't been a sulking baby removing all your frustration on your food at that time." He said teasing her and she narrowed her eyes.

"Accha ji, ulta chor kotwall ko hi daante! Mr Maheshwari, if you remember then it was you who left in the middle to go for an operation. Well..." she softened down at the end realising what she just said, "I'm not against the operation as it is the part and parcel of our work and saying anything wrong regarding that is so wrong by itself, I admit that. But you could have told me before that you had to go early."

He chuckled, "My dear Swara Bose, the operation that was given to me was supposed to be done by Dr Roy. But he refused to come at the last minute due to some other matter. That is why I had to go. I mean... seriously! First that stupid nosy Kavita, and then comes her irresponsible father. I don't understand what are those two even doing in this hospital. He or his daughter hardly do anything here."

"Okay," she concluded by his words, "so that means the fault is mine, right?"

"Not really. But it's okay, tomorrow we can make up for the time we couldn't have today as it's finally weekend." He shrugged, looking up for a great time. This made Swara remember his date proposal in the afternoon today.

"You said we are going on a date this weekend. But you didn't say where?" she asked curiously.

"Oh, about that..." he cleared his throat and smiled nervously keeping a hand over the back of his head. "I... honestly... I didn't think of any place yet."

The way he sounded was so innocent and so honest that it almost came out as comical and Swara couldn't help but burst out laughing, "Seriously, Sanskar?"

"Don't blame me." he defended himself, realising he just embarrassed himself in front of her, "This date plan was made by me just when I asked you out. I didn't plan anything before that. It just came to my mind at that time."

"I see." she folded her arms and tried to suppress her giggles. "Aww, you are sooo cute Sanskar!" she made a lovestruck teen-like face.

"Anyways, what do you think we should go for?" He replied fighting off the redness over his cheeks and ignoring what she just said. "Let's see how romantic you are."

She began thinking, "How about a movie?" she remembered one of her favourite hobbies.

"Done." he declared. "Movie it is."

"But spending just two or three hours with you is not enough. I want to spend more time with you. Unless you too want the same." she smiled challengingly and decided to pull his legs.

"Excuse me!" he narrowed his eyes hearing her playful accusation. "What do you mean by 'unless you too want the same'? Of course I too want the same. Are you testing me?"

"No!" she made an innocent face. "I'm not."

"If I want I can have you with me everyday 24/7." he stated as if it was a matter of fact. "And I know we will have that too at some point of our lives, if you understand what I mean."

He smiled knowingly and a shy smile came on Swara's face automatically, knowing very well what he meant. He was surely hinting at their marriage and just the thought of spending their whole life together made Swara all giddy.

"I know what you mean. And you know? To be very honest, I can't wait for it."

"Ah! And there's that romantic Swara I absolutely adore. I think you have been flirting with me a lot since the beginning of this phone call." he said what he noticed.