Chapter 3

After everyone was processed they told the group to stand in a line. Nilsa was at the front, guiding them to another room, there were guards everywhere to make sure they couldn't escape, they all shook with terror afraid of what was next.

The guards were acting impatiently, even that big muscly guard was pushing the guys around more.

They led the humans down a corridor and up more stairs, Aerilyn couldn't have been more lost, but she did think they did it on purpose so that they wouldn't know how to escape or where they were in the first place.

As she walked up the corridor, behind Ev, Ren approached her, inhaling a deep breath. He came too close for Aerilyn's liking, looking like he wanted to do something. It seemed like he had it in for her for no reason at all.

'Get away from me' Aerilyn moved to take a step back. Feeling vulnerable.

'What are you going to do about it human'  he said before shoving her hard, Aerilyn fell to the floor with force. He must be frustrated, or not getting enough blood, either way she was now his new victim.

He walked off and Evelyn helped her stand back up.

'Thanks' Aerilyn said sheepishly.

'You didn't deserve that' she told her.

'We don't deserve any of this' Aerilyn clarified. The girls got told to move along by the others. Aerilyn brushed herself off and carried on, making sure to stay far away from him. The group walked into a big auditorium, with stretcher beds, like something from the war. Lights hung from the ceiling, there wasn't much in there, plain white walls, tall ceilings, wooden floorboards that had seen better days.

The beds did not look comfy but then again they were use to things not being comfy. Back when Aerilyn and Eli were moving around, anywhere could be classed as a bed, in fact they hadn't slept in a bed for a few years now. They were hard to come by.

The group were told to stand in a straight line against the back wall, so that the muscly vampire could talk to them.

Before they did they opened the door and dragged the guys in, Aerilyn sighed in relief when she saw Eli. He was safe, that's all that mattered. Eli's eyes found her straight away, they were trying to tell each other that they were okay through eye contact.

Once they were all together, the strong vampire before stood in front of them all. They still did not know his name.

'You will each be assigned a bed, the toilets are in the corner of the room, if we suspect you are up to anything you will be punished, lights out at 10' nobody dare question him, he was one of the scariest out of them all due to his sheer size. He had scars on his arms and face, Aerilyn could tell he had fought a lot.

Aerilyn felt a pang in my stomach as they hadn't eaten or drank anything all day, a lot of them would be too exhausted to do anything if they didn't get some food soon.

Scavenging what they could was what they use to do, but that still wasn't enough and it didn't look like they were going to feed them here Aerilyn thought.

Aerilyn's bed was next to Evelyn's thankfully, there were other people in here too, it wasn't just her family anymore, it was whoever the vampires caught.

There must have been about 50 of them here, at this makeshift camp, it had no windows, it was empty apart from the beds and toilets. The vampires can't have been expecting them because of how disorganized they were, there was nothing. There were people Aerilyn knew nothing about and that is why she had to be extra careful.

Everyone mostly sat on their beds, but Aerilyn took herself away and sat against the wall, it made her feel safe, because someone couldn't creep up on her, that is until lights out.