Chapter 8

Ren had arrived in the morning to make an announcement, whilst they were having breakfast, he stood tall, shoulders and feet apart, almost leaving Aerilyn to shake with what had happened, she was yet to make a recovery, her body still hurt, with throbbing pain, it was intense, with bruises all over the place and she was quite unsteady on her feet.

"Those of you left will be moved to somewhere more secure and those of you who have no use to us will be moved to servant quarters" he spoke harshly, before looking directly at Aerilyn with venom in his eyes.

She shrivelled up inside, Aerilyn would either spend the rest of my life as a blood bag or as a servant.

Everyone was looking around at each other wondering where they were going to be moved too.

"Pack your stuff we are moving in an hour" he commanded, more guards piled into the rooms at this point to make sure the group did as they were told.

What little they had was packed away, Aerilyn had a couple of T-shirt's and a picture of her and Eli from before. When they were happy. Everything else was lost but in memory.

Nilsa had arrived and approached Aerilyn cautiously, leaving a respectable amount of distance between them both.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Nilsa was acting more timid than usual but she had no reason too, she had tried to protect her.

"I'm much better thank you" Aerilyn half smiled, she had recovered well considering.

"Good, I am really sorry about what happened, are you sure you're okay, you don't look so good"

Aerilyn tried to hold a brave face but Nilsa could obviously see she was in pain.

Aerilyn cut her off "look you don't need to apologise, you tried to protect me and I really appreciate that, but this is what I'm here for" she looked at her funnily as she said that.

"Here for" Nilsa muttered, Aerilyn almost didn't hear her.

"Blood bag" she replied, shrugging her shoulders, but Nilsa didn't seem to like that because she frowned, turned around abruptly and walked off. She didn't need to be so kind to Aerilyn and she didn't have to be either.

Not long after Nilsa left, they were taken onto a bus to be moved.

Feeling the outside for almost a moment, Aerilyn inhaled deeply, trying to catch a glimpse of the outside world, oh how she had missed it, but that was short lived as they were put on the bus. The vampires mostly had control of what oil was left and the resistance or any other humans would have to scavenge for it.

The group arrived at this so called secure place which was in fact a glorified cell. There were lots of other cells with people in, just like theirs, Aerilyn could hear their calls and cries. A few others were taken away and it was soon to become clear that they were the servants.

None of them wanted to enter the cells but they didn't have a choice, they now found themselves at a human auction, the realisation hit them. The cell Aerilyn was in only held around 6.

Here, the vampires got to walk around and look at the humans before putting in a bid. Aerilyn hid behind Eli but it did no good, because the vampires could still smell them, a couple of male vampires stopped outside of their cell, sniffing the air.

"Can you smell that?" The one with light blonde hair said.

The other vampire sniffed the air as well, inhaling the scents.

"Oh yes, I am definitely going to bid on her" Aerilyn cowered further into the corner.

"Smell him too, I don't usually like male blood bags but I might have to make an exception, they said nodding towards Saryn who snarled at them.