Chapter 46

Had a brainwave and decided to write another chapter. 

The ceremony had been only a few days before, Aerilyn and Solenne were still riding the high of being mated and married. Aerilyn's nightmares had lessened over the past few days, she was able to get a good amount of sleep which helped with her energy, luckily Solenne did not have any duties to attend to so they could spend their days together down by the lake or in the gardens or woods. "Morning pet" Solenne growled. She could not take her hands off of the human girl, the bond was so powerful and not something she had ever felt before.

She knew she would die for Aerilyn in a heartbeat. The problem of her still being human plagued her mind. "Morning" Aerilyn leaned up and kissed Solenne. "Did you even sleep or just sit there and hold me all night?" Aerilyn joked. 

Solenne pulled her in tighter and kissed her head. "You are fascinating to me when you sleep, sometimes I can sense your dreams or nightmares, even more so with how strong our bond is", as they had been sharing blood Solenne could practically read her mind and vice versa now the Queen had dropped her guard. They both got up and went to breakfast, Aerilyn offered her arm to Solenne but she refused, she didn't want to take blood from her. 

Nilsa appeared at breakfast ready to guard them today as they were going to another town today. "The guards are outside and ready when you are" she told them both. "Will Alpha Zenon be accompanying us?" Aerilyn asked. "Yes, we could use her protection" Nilsa confirmed. It was true, to have the smell of a wolf so near and her strength would help prevent any attacks from those who opposed the union. 

"Lead the way, amica mea" Solenne purred, Keres was there waiting for them both as they would be riding on the same horse. Aerilyn sat at the front with the Queen holding her from behind. She could feel her breath on her neck which gave her shivers. They rode on for a few hours to get to the city, the town was called Varrea, another place the Queen ruled over. It was the town where weapons are forged, they were heading here because Solenne had found out that one of the stores had been raided of its weapons which either meant it was stolen by rebels or their own vampires. Either way, she came to find out. 

Once arriving they headed to a hotel perched on the top of the hill overlooking the town, it was the grandest hotel. News had broken that the Queen had arrived with her human mate as other vampires flanked the street to see. Humans were also in the street watching to Aerilyn's amazement as this town seemed to be accepting of the two mixing. They cheered as the Queen and her soldiers trailed up to the hotel.

They settled into their room which was the largest room in the hotel, "am I going to be safe here?" Aerilyn asked worriedly. Solenne came to her side at once to reassure her, "of course, you will always be safe with me my love, you have nothing to worry about". She rubbed her arm soothingly. "Would you like to go and see the place by night? The lights here are beautiful" Solenne asked her mate. This had Aerilyn's attention, "Yes, that would be lovely" she answered.

Solenne held her hand out and they headed into the city flanked by the guards. "Nilsa, where is the best place to get Aerilyn some food?" Nilsa knew the place quite well as she had been a few times. "They have a street here with human food all the way along, we can go there", she showed them the way. As they walked, lots of vampires were bowing to the Queen, now and again she would smile at them, but she still wanted to remain the cold vampire that she was known for. It was better to be feared. 

"It's so beautiful here" Aerilyn looked around in wonder as she was taken by this city. Pretty, colorful lanterns lined the streets from the roofs. They walked on cobblestones, down narrow paths next to older stone buildings. It was very different to where the Queen lived and her town. Now Aerilyn's town and home.