Chapter 14

Aerilyn sat down to eat her food, again feeling The Queen's eyes upon her, she quivered under her intense gaze.

"Is everything okay Nilsa?" Solenne asked clearly noticing her anger.

"Yes your majesty, everything is fine. If I may, I need to get to my training, please do excuse me" Nilsa rose from her seat, bowing and walked out the door.

Solenne's eyes flashed red as she walked out, she must have been angry.

Aerilyn was now stranded, Nilsa had left her alone with the Queen.

For a moment, Solenne tried to gather her thoughts, but she noticed the human girl was not eating her food, what suprised her was that the girl was waiting to be allowed permission to eat. This bothered her, she didn't want to tell her to eat but she had to.

It was too early for all of this and so she put her head in her hands and rubbed her temples. "Please eat" she mumbled.

Aerilyn never met her gaze but she could see everything in her peripheral vision, she paused for a second, before digging in.

Aerilyn reached for the toast, eggs and beans, licking her lips, she was still very hungry and could not get enough of the food.

Solenne noticed this and some how it calmed her down, it pleased her that Aerilyn was satisfied, it was a foreign feeling to her, still with her head in her hands she watched the girl, the silence didn't bother them at all.

Aerilyn wolfed everything down, but as she did, she wondered why the Queen did not eat and what was on her mind, it didn't take long to figure that out.

"Why was Nilsa angry this morning?"  Aerilyn drank her orange juice as the Queen spoke, thinking about how to respond, she looked out the window and longed to be outdoors, Aerilyn thought about everything, her new life, her old one, her family where were they?

"Your lover was mad at me, she was just protecting me" Aerilyn replied nonchalantly, but what she did not understand was their customs and the way they should or shouldn't behave. She shouldn't be calling a vampire her lover if she was not their mate, it was wrong.

The Queen clenched her fists, "watch your tone" she angered.

Aerilyn merely surrendered to her.

"Why was he angry at you?" She pressed, almost not wanting to know the answer but she asked anyways.

"Because I am sat here, when I shouldn't be" the girl looked everywhere but at the Queen, it irked the Queen that Aerilyn would not look her in the eyes, but she knew she couldn't without her permission, something she could not give right now.

"Do you not think you should be sat here?" The Queen spoke softly.

"It's not what I was taught about slaves your majesty" Aerilyn kept fiddling with her hands in her lap.

And so Solenne spoke again, almost crossing the line that shouldn't be crossed between vampires and humans. A server bought in a glass of what looked like red wine but clearly wasn't, the Queen dismissed them quickly, wanting to carry on the conversation.

"And what did he say?" She twirled the glass in her hands, fidgeting to know the response. The Queen already knew what was said but she wanted to hear it from her herself.

"It doesn't matter, he was right any how" Aerilyn spoke quietly, it wouldn't change anything.

Silence hung in the air and this time it was noticeable.

"Look at me" Aerilyn found this command hard, it was hard to go against the order that she was not suppose to be looking at her, Aerilyn brought her eyes up to meet Solenne's, they were a bright gold colour, far from the red she saw earlier. "You are not an inconvenience Aerilyn" it was at that moment that she knew the Queen had heard everything, but why did she want to hear Aerilyn say it. The girl nodded her head in response, she was entranced by those eyes.