Chapter 42

Aerilyn climbed onto Keres and Solenne sat behind her and they gently made their way to the settlement. "Are you sure this isn't too soon for you love" the Queen asked, worried for her and about her.

The girl turned her head towards the Queen, breaths very close and hypnotised by each other's eyes. "No, i need to see it for myself, that they are okay"

Queen Solenne completely understood why she wanted to go, she would be the same if it was her in that position. They made their way there which only took around 30 minutes by horse. They strolled into the settlement to find it buzzing with life, Aerilyn looked around taking it all in, she had never seen anything like it, not since she was a child and before any of it. Solenne felt proud that she had been able to do this and to please Aerilyn.

They toured the small village before getting off in the main square, the girl stood close to the Queen as the new villagers watched. Solenne was saying hello to everyone and you could tell they all respected her from the way they behaved, they looked as if they admired her.

However, some had noticed the all too human stood next to her with love bites all over her neck and presumed the worse.

They stood around in a crown, there were guards all around but they were at a safe distance, even Alpha Zenon was there which none of the humans knew about, it felt like for the first time that all species were getting along. "Hello everyone, I hope you have been settling in okay, fear not, this is Aerilyn, I know some of you are thinking that she is a blood bag for me, that is incorrect" there were murmurs in the crowd as she spoke.

Solenne looked around to check nothing was going to happen as they waited for her to carry on intently. "she is the reason you are all stood here today, she gave me the push to make change, to make your lives better and to unite us. To see that there is a way for us to all live in harmony" Solenne looked at her lovingly, smiling brightly.

Once they were off the podium, Aerilyn saw a shop and decided to go and take a look, walking in she was met by the shopkeeper. "Hello" Aerilyn greeted him.

The man held his hand out to her which made Solenne want to snarl, she also was not use to the humans customs. Aerilyn took his hand and shook it. "Its nice to meet you" he spoke.

Aerilyn walked around looking at the food, he even had a bakery, she asked him questions like how long it took him to sort it all out or how he sourced everything to which he replied that Solenne had helped him.

Solenne stood very close to her human and followed her around the shop, they were at the back of the shop when the girl noticed chocolate on the shelf, she got really excited. "You have chocolate" she exclaimed! The man nodded his head. Then realising she had nothing to pay for it with she put it back on the shelf, appearing a bit deflated but still her happy self.

Solenne reached around her and picked the chocolate off the shelf, their eyes met, Solenne froze as she had another vision, this time Aerilyn saw it partially too, she saw that the werewolves were in the village and she knew one of them, the girls eyes went wide frantically as she panicked, she ran out of the shop before Solenne could stop her and explain.

Aerilyn ran outside and shouted to the guards, "there are werewolves here, we must protect ourselves" Alpha Zenon had heard and walked up to her.

"Is everything okay?" she asked the girl as Solenne appeared at her side.

She just shook her head, tears threatening to spill. "Get away from me you sick animal, please Solenne do something, they all deserve to die" she spat. This only angered Zenon as she didn't understand.

It was all coming back to bite Solenne, she should have told her. "Please Aerilyn just listen to me"

"Nothing you will say will make me forgive what they did and were going to do me, why are you protecting them, find them all and kill them, kill her" she shouted at her.