Chapter 16

Aerilyn self consciously went over to the history section which she enjoyed greatly. Nilsa stood next to her "I have to go now, but there are guards outside if you need anything, they shouldn't bother you too much" great she was leaving me again Aerilyn thought.

Nilsa walked out of the door not taking another look at any of the other humans in the room, as soon as Aerilyn was left alone the others rushed over to her.

A girl with brown hair, brown eyes and a short colorful dress came over, they were all collared Aerilyn noticed that much.

"Guys we need to find a way out" they all looked at each other as the girl spoke.

"Your the Queen's pet Aerilyn aren't you, you don't look too bad, is she treating you well?" One of the guys with blonde hair spoke.

"Has she fed from you yet?" Another girl with blonde hair and fair skin asked, looking me up and down. Too many questions swirled in the girls head.

"What are you guys doing here and who are you?"
They frowned at Aerilyn's question.

"Guys no one has told her" the girl spoke as if Aerilyn wasn't there.

"Told me what" Aerilyn huffed.

"Tonight there is a dinner and ball with the most wealthiest and prominent vampires" the boy with brown hair spoke.

"We are their blood slaves and pets, I am Prince Louis's" the girl with blonde hair spoke.

"My name is Tri" she told Aerilyn.

"And I am Eamon, Luana's pet" the older guy with blonde hair said, he looked like he was in his thirties, they smiled as they spoke but she didn't know if she could trust them.

"I don't know who Luana is" Aerilyn tried to think of all the people she had met so far but her name didn't ring a bell.

"She is the Queen's best friend, how do you not know this? Tonight is going to be interesting" Tri chirped.

"I don't think she is invited by the looks of it" Eamon responded, shrugging his shouders.

"What is your name?" Aerilyn asked the brown haired boy with chapped lips, even with his disheveled look he was by far the best most kept human here.

"My name is Pax" he gave her a lopsided grin.

"I am Prince Matheus pet"  Aerilyn didn't have a clue who that was but just nodded her head.

"The girl over there is Lord Daryn's pet, poor girl is traumatised, any way we were thinking since you live here you might know of a way we can escape?" Eamon spoke.

Aerilyn looked at the girl over in the corner, she looked like she had lost the plot, on a closer inspection you could see all the bites marks it was so sad. Her red hair was dull and so was she, it was sad that this had happened to a fellow human.

Aerilyn hushed them all. "You know they can hear everything" she gulped as she was not about to get in trouble for this.

"Not in here plus they are all too busy with tonight, so do you?" Tri hurried her.

"I've barely been let out of my room, so no, I don't know a way out" Aerilyn hung her head in shame, she should have gotten out by now, but it was practically impossible.

"She's got you under lock and key, she must really have a thing for you, she's never had a pet before, thats at least what my master said, he couldn't believe it when he found out" Pax smirked.

"I barely even see her so I doubt it. Do you guys know anything about the resistance or what happened at the recent slave auction?" the girl needed answers, she needed to know how her brother was, was he even still alive and Ev and Saryn, she somehow hoped a miracle had taken place and they had all escaped together.