Chapter 38

The next day the announcement was to be made straight away by Solenne to her people. "Hello, as your Queen you know I make decisions in our best interests for our species and so it has come to my attention that times are changing, we are exhausted from fighting, from losing loved ones. To stop this there have been several things that have been enforced. Firstly, we have now made a treaty with the wolves, I have been in talks with them for the past 2 weeks and have come to an agreement and ceasefire. They are to be welcomed here as you would welcome your own. You may ask why this has come about and I have one answer for you...Mates"

The crowd gasped. There was some commotion but they were listening intently to see what their Queen would say next.

"A close guard of mine is mated with the alpha but that does not stop there, it has been known that humans and vampires too can be mated, it need not be a secret anymore, any restrictions on these bonds are removed, Lord Canera knows the weight of that secret which is why I want us to unite and be able to live our lives whichever way we like and not be fearful" Solenne glanced around the crowd to see their reaction.

Some were shaking their heads unable to wrap their heads around it.

"From now, the slave auctions will be closed down, humans can move to a settlement near the castle and under our protection, no more pets or blood slaves, we only ask that the humans are willing to donate blood to keep our existence going. Anyone who does not agree with this I will ask you to pack your things and leave" Only a few walked off the rest stayed, the ones who walked most likely pledged allegiance to her uncle.

One member at the front bowed down and so the rest followed like a harmonious wave. Solenne smiled at her people, she knew they would accept it.

"Have a good afternoon everyone" Solenne walked off the podium and was welcomed by what she now considered her family "you did amazing" Luanna said.

"you killed it" Nilsa fist punched her.

The mood was dampened by Ras storming into the building. "what have you done, you stupid girl, you won't get away this this" he made a move for her but was blocked by the others.

Solenne was alarmed by his prescience but remained calm. "I did what should have been done a long time ago" she spoke.

Ras still tried to reach for her but she waved him away, the guards held him back. "your brother should be in charge not you" he never wanted a girl to rule, he had hated the fact ever since she had stepped into the role.

Prince Matheus stepped forward. "I'm not interested in ruling and I stand with my sister, she is right" he spat at his uncle.

"If you don't agree with it, you can leave my Kingdom, you'll only get one chance" Solenne smirked at him.

Tessa walked into the room at this point and stood by Ras. "She has done this all for that stupid human slut", both not believing what was to be true. How could she change their customs and ways.

"How fitting that you join him...say that again, I dare you" Solenne goaded her, ready to kill her.

"I said you have done all this for that stupid human.." before she could say the rest Solenne grabbed her by her throat and choked her.

Solenne looked at her old friend, feeling nothing for her, their relationship was ruined and tainted. "I will not hesitate to kill you, torture you and cut your tongue out. Questioning my rule, you are not welcome here, I suggest you leave now and never come back this time, if I see you or smell you here again I will kill you" her eyes flashed red and Tessa backed down. Solenne shoved her away and made the guards remove her from the castle.