Chapter 7

Aerilyn didn't see Solenne after that, more days had passed and they had no solid way to escape.

On one particular evening when dinner was being served, one of the other prisoners tried to escape and in doing so they were killed there and then. It shook fear in all of them that they could be next, they had no weapons to attack them with but still desperately tried.

Other than that the days were boring and Aerilyn coiled back into herself. She didn't even speak to Nilsa when she was around, in fact Aerilyn avoided her after the vision she saw.

A few evenings later after dinner, Aerilyn was approached by Ren and the big muscly guy they met on the first day, who towered over her.

"Get up scum" he spat.

Aerilyn was scared, Eli came over but the guards pushed him back.

"No, where are you taking me" she cried.

He slapped her and then grabbed her by the hair, pulling her up.

This came out of no where. Aerilyn held onto her face as it stung.

She was pulled out, dragged down the hall way and taken to a chamber room where a man stood, she could tell he was important.

Aerilyn kept her eyes down, feeling the tight grip Ren had.

"What were you doing on our land?" He asked.

"We were running from vampires" Aerilyn cowered, suddenly feeling small.

This seemed to be an interrogation, she panicked. The man wasn't too tall, he had dark hair and features. He looked older than the rest of them, wearing dark trousers, with a large coat on.

"Can you smell her blood, I'm dying to have a taste" Ren admitted, trying to come closer.

The man put his hand up, to stop Ren.

Aerilyn tried to back away from them all, but it was no use.

"Please, I don't know anything" she sobbed.

He came closer and started to twist her arm causing her to scream out. "Tell me the truth, where is the resistance".

Aerilyn cried. "That is the truth and I don't know anything about the resistance". He twisted her arm as far as it would go before stopping and throwing her aimlessly across the room so she crashed into a pillar.

This wasn't going well. Aerilyn couldn't get back up from that.

At this point Nilsa burst through the doors. She saw the position Aerilyn was in and how hurt she was. Her eyes widened.

"You don't know what you have done, the Queen is going to go mad, stop" she ordered.

Aerilyn knew she was going to be bruised from this. He ignored her. Ren moved towards Nilsa to stop her from doing anything. She became defensive and they began to fight. Both of their eyes turned red.

"And what is it to the Queen to care about this blood bag" he said with red eyes.

"Im giving you this one last chance, she is almost here and will kill you for this" Nilsa panicked.

"Nonsense! Over that human scum, I doubt it very much, she will thank us for it" the man spoke. Ren moved closer to Nilsa, in a attacking stance.

"You don't know anything, you're making a big mistake" she contested. Nilsa looked over at Aerilyn writhing on the floor then back at Ren.

The man came over to Aerilyn in an instant, dragging her across the room by my hair, Aerilyn screamed in pain once more, her head ached. He began to kick her in the stomach but all she could do was wrap her hands around her head and curl up to try to protect herself.