Chapter 31

Solenne who felt just as she did, was seeing eye to eye with Evelyn.

"I will kill anyone who gets in my way. Stay in the castle till we return and if we don't, you are free to leave" Evelyn had grown to like the vampire and her living arrangements, so much so that she stopped trying to find a way to leave but instead wanted to find a way to live.

Evelyn nodded and let them leave, the only benefit for the vampires was that they had speed, they could storm into the camp quietly and fast so that the alarm could not be raised straight away.

Prince Matheus approached Solenne in the courtyard. "Going to rescue that pet of yours, this is madness" Matheus spoke, he was advising her against going.

Solenne grabbed him by his throat, she was in no mood for him, even if he was her brother.

"I am going to end this once and for all, the crown is yours should I not return" The Queen spoke.

She released him and began to put her golden armour on, grabbing her sword as she strapped it onto her back. They all geared up and got ready to leave, they would have to travel on foot.

Meanwhile, Aerilyn was tied to a post in the middle of the small werewolf camp where she was sporting a black eye due to the alpha punching her, she was sure she had concussion, she felt dizzy and was trying to stay awake.

It clearly wasn't their main base as she had overheard they had been moving around to make sure they hadn't been caught. Aerilyn wasn't sure if Solenne would even come for her, part of her hoped she would but the other part of her knew she was just a slave, her life was meaningless. All she could think about was finding her brother and Evelyn, being reunited just one last time.

At some point Aerilyn fell asleep into the night, unable to stay awake any longer. Eamon and Tri were tied to another pole across from her but none of them spoke, too fearful for their lives.

It was first light when the Alpha came out of his tent looking around, his guards patrolled the camp in rotations.

"Seems like you were right after all, just another blood bag" he picked up a knife and walked towards her, Pax was stood near, there was no point keeping her alive, he had no purpose for her.

"You were wrong" the alpha spat at Pax before grabbing him and kicking him, his anger boiling, he was known for not having much patience.

Pax cowered on the floor "I'm not I swear, she's the one, she will come for her" he pleaded for his life.

The alpha grabbed him by the scruff of his neck picking him up off the floor and holding the knife to him. "and why am I to believe you" roughing him up more.

Pax cried as he was punched in the stomach, "I overheard her brother Prince Matheus talk about it with the Queen's best friend" Pax leaned into to whisper something in the Alpha's ear, Alpha Wes's eyes widened at what he had been told, he looked straight to the girl and narrowed his eyes.

"How about we make this more interesting then, if what you say is true, the smell of her blood will drive the vampire bitch crazy" his smile widened sadistically as he pushed Pax away and made his way over to Aerilyn.

He threw his knife up in the air showing off as he walked over while some of the pack gathered around whistling and howling.

Aerilyn's eyes widened but she was gagged and could not say anything.

The alpha bent down and held her still, taking her wrist and cutting it, she cried with all her might.

He started to take the gag off after the first cut he made "let her hear your screams" he said quickly before cutting her again. Aerilyn tried to stop crying out, she didn't think Solenne would bother coming for her anyway.