Chapter 30

You see I'm in the market for another pet, this one here won't last much longer" Aerilyn looked to the girl sat on the floor, she was barely able to stay up right.

"Consider selling me yours?" He enquired, he knew from what he had been told he was touching a nerve, trying to get a rise out of her, Prince Louis had told him enough from what he had seen at the slave market. 

"You know and so does everyone else that I don't share" she spoke harshly, Solenne's eyes narrowed slightly, her patience was wearing thin as she tried to suppress her bubbling emotions that were threatening to spill. 

Ras got up abruptly and walked over to where the Queen and her pet was sitting, Solenne was prepared to drop the charade and call her guards in but he was too powerful and she had only just healed. She knew at any moment she might have a fight break out on her hands. 

Not to mention Aerilyn was too fragile, Ras could snap her in half being that close, it would only take a second.

He crouched down in front of Aerilyn to study her, looking her in her eyes as he lifted her chin up to make her look at him. 

He then reached out, grabbing her neck.

Solenne couldn't bare him touching her, in that moment she wanted to kill him and everyone else who touched the girl. 

"Did she do it like this" he tightened his grip on the girls neck, Aerilyn began to flail and panic.

In a flash he had her against the wall, moving at a vampires pace, taking Aerilyn's breath away.

Solenne too was panicked.

His hands start to roam her body as his hand tightened around her neck, stopping her from speaking.

Aerilyn thought this would be the end of her as she squeezed her eyes closed tightly. 

Ras leaned in and inhaled, his mouth right next to her neck.

Solenne saw his fangs become elongated, she had to put a stop to it, somewhere inside herself she found the strength to overpower her sadistic uncle. 

"THAT'S ENOUGH" Solenne was almost hyperventilating. Her chest heaved up and down as she stood, ready to attack him if he didn't release Aerilyn. 

Louis was laughing at the interaction and Samuel couldn't bare to look any more.

Ras stopped at the command, releasing the girl, who held onto her neck and coughed. He stepped back watching the human girl, thinking about what he had learnt.

After a few minutes, he turned to Solenne, "An interesting one, did you know your pet is sat there having flashbacks about you with your hands around her neck. Maybe you did do a number on her after all" Solenne's cold glare almost wavered.

Did she hurt the girl beyond repair, was there ever a chance to fix this.

Ras stepped away and proceeded back to this seat.

Solenne aided the girl back to where she was sat but felt Aerilyn rip herself away from the Queen without anyone noticing.

"As lovely as this has been, we've to be in the town by noon" the three of them left at this, leaving the girl and the Queen alone. Ras was satisfied by what he saw for now,  but Solenne knew he would be back, he wanted Aerilyn, she could tell, but he was never going to have her. 

Over Solenne's dying body. 

"Let me see your neck" Solenne commanded as she cautiously approached Aerilyn, she tried to show her she was not going to harm her but it was too late. Aerilyn was hurt yet again.