Chapter 40

They both fell asleep that night, in each other's arms, they hadn't meant to but it just somehow happened and they weren't going to moan about it.

They were exhausted from what had happened, but Aerilyn's nightmares were very much apparent, so Solenne held her even tighter, inhaling her scent and kissing her forehead to try and comfort her.

She watched her sleep, even though she needed some herself which was rare, but the events that had occurred had taken it out of her.

So she allowed herself just a few hours.

The next morning, Queen Solenne woke up and just lay watching Aerilyn until she began to stir, opening her eyes she saw those piercing eyes staring at her, causing the human to blush profusely. "quit staring" she mumbled, trying to hide behind the sheets.

Solenne grinned from ear to ear. "I can't help it, I don't think you understand how hard it is for me, I just want to ravish you. Every part of my being is craving you and it never stops" she admitted.

The brown haired, doe eyed human peered up at the admission, things felt different this time, they were both trying and not hiding how they felt, she could speak freely and touch the Queen without fear of being told off. And so she did, reach out and touch her of course, softly stroking her arm, tracing and memorizing every fibre of her. "And what happens if the tamed beast breaks free?" she was curious.

Solenne was finding it extremely challenging as Aerilyn was stroking her arm, teasing her without even realising. "Well, you would never leave my room, or this bed for that matter" Aerilyn got the picture very quickly. Deciding to tease back, Solenne pulled away and got up, she was wearing a silk night gown that she quickly dropped off as she walked to the closet to find something of Aerilyn's to wear as they were in her room.

The human almost gasped at Solenne's bare shoulders which her eyes followed down her back and to her supple rounded backside. Wow. She wanted to die there and then, she wasn't sure that the Vampire Queen could get any more perfect.

Almost drooling, Solenne twisted her head around "My eyes are up here love" she teased her. The reaction she received was satisfying indeed, but Solenne knew she needed to tell Aerilyn the truth before anything happened.

Once they were dressed they had breakfast together before they parted ways, "behave little one and I will see you later" Solenne winked at her. Nilsa was still assigned to look after her, but it was more than that she would give her life for her if she had to.

Nilsa couldn't be more prouder that Solenne had asked her to guard her mate, it was an important job, one she took seriously.

"Morning, I see you two are getting on just fine" the both said to each other, Nilsa was dressed in her guards uniform as she teased the girl.

"How are you feeling?" the vampire asked her as they walked down the corridor together.

She was in mourning for the loss of her brother, but having everyone around her way making everything better and taking her mind off it. "I'm doing okay, but I would like to go and see Saryn, he will help with the funeral" no one wanted to say anything to her about it, it was traumatic enough what she had gone through up until now.

Nilsa walked infront of the girl, "Come on, I know where he is" She smiled at her as they made their way.

"Your glowing Nilsa" Aerilyn noticed, the aura around Nilsa was different than before.