Chapter 9

As they left the compound which is the best way to describe it, Eli screamed "NO" before launching an attack with Saryn, Alex and the others.

They burst out of their cells and stabbed the vampires close, Aerilyn heard calls from outside the compound, it could only be one thing, the resistance. The crowd was in a panic and diverting trying to escape, not everyone had weapons on them, but they were vampires after all, more powerful than humans would ever be.

The Queen appeared at Aerilyn's side having heard the calls, she tried to pull away from her as the Queen wrapped an arm around her pulling Aerilyn in to her protectively.

"Stop fighting, you'll be safer with me" her powerful voice took over, she seemed on edge.

She pulled an injured Aerilyn along with her guards towards the exit.

Aerilyn's eyes never left Eli who was trying to fight his way towards her, but it was swarming and she knew he would never make it. Aerilyn now had to keep herself alive.

As they reached the gates that would allow them out, she saw the resistance fighters, it was a blood bath, there were bodies everywhere from both sides, Aerilyn had never witnessed anything like it, she trembled at the sight of it, the Queen must have felt this because she had a good grip on her that felt like it was getting tighter, she was helping her walk but she was also shielding the girl.

As they made their way across the plains, through the battlefield, they were flanked by half a dozen of her guards, two were taken out by archers, the Queen seemed unfazed by this.

They were now in the thick of it and all of the guards were fighting the resistance off, Aerilyn couldn't bare it, they were killing her fellow species, wiping them out, she wept for them.

She was tense, the Queen knew she would have to fight to protect them as they were surrounded.

A man came charging at them from the left, his face full of anger, he was larger than the average human but not a match for her and her training.

Queen Solenne pulled out her sword and stood in a defensive stance, placing Aerilyn behind her, Aerilyn could barely stand as it was, the man reached them and swung his sword, Solenne stepped to the side of him and slashed him from the side. This made him keel over. "Run" the man murmured to Aerilyn.

Aerilyn began to try and escape her, running off into the field, with no weapon at all.

Queen Solenne finished the man off and froze, she turned around and began to stalk after Aerilyn, unbeknownst to the girl.

A vampire grabbed Aerilyn and licked his lips, pulling his head to her side, leaving Aerilyn's neck bare, his fangs elongated as he came closer, she scrambled and wailed her arms.

Suddenly, blood came out of his mouth and his eyes went wide, he had just been killed and she was saved.

Aerilyn stood in shock, her eyes went wide, she was speechless. No amount of words could fathom what she was thinking or feeling.

Stood behind him was Solenne with pure anger in her eyes, she was alone as her guards were no where to be seen, Aerilyn looked at her in shock with tears in her eyes.

Queen Solenne looked back at the girl with the darkest red eyes, indicating her anger, she hurried over to Aerilyn.

The Queen grabbed Aerilyn forcefully and picked her up at vampire speed and ran off into the woods, making their escape alone, the speed at which she was running at made the girl feel sick, it took her breath away, Aerilyn could feel others chasing them, not knowing if they were her guards, humans wouldn't have been able to keep up with such speed, but rogues would.

The pair stopped at a clearing when it was safe to do so and the Queen set Aerilyn down gently,.

Aerilyn backed away from her, keeping her eyes down at all times.

"The next time you feel you should run away will be your last" Queen Solenne spoke venomously, stalking Aerilyn like prey.

Aerilyn turned around and walked to a tree before heaving, vampire speed gives humans motion sickness.

"We need to leave, it's not safe here" Solenne spoke softer than before.

"I'm sorry, I can't go at vampire speed, I feel really sick" Aerilyn was scared she would hurt her for this, but she didn't which surprised her, as far as she was aware vampires always hurt humans for the most silliest of things.

"We can walk, it's not far from here" Aerilyn let her lead the way and they fell into silence for the next hour, eventually the Queen slowed down and walked by the girls side as she tired. The Queen watched her like a hawk, her eyes were still very red, but they never wavered from Aerilyn.

The pair had finally reached the edge of the woods and were flanked immediately by guards, Aerilyn's legs still hurting and even her head too from over thinking.

"My Queen, I thanks the heavens you are safe" a man with brown ruffled hair spoke, he held out his hand for the Queen to which she reciprocated and kissed her hand. He was about the same height as Queen Solenne, wearing what looked like a generals uniform. So this was her husband then, Aerilyn thought. The Queen let out a sigh of relief, her eyes slowly started to lower the tone.

"Yes General Talc, I hope you have sent a patrol over there to get things in order" she commanded.

"Yes my Queen, they are wrapping it up as we speak, there are some who have escaped, some dead and some prisoners ready to go to their new masters homes, we have lost some men ourselves but it's nothing we can't handle" he spoke triumphantly.

"Good, any who try to defy us will be killed" I whimpered at this, the Queen whipped her head round to the girl and General Talc gazed at Aerilyn inquisitively.

"Who is the human?" He questioned.

"I bought her at the auction" she replied her face remaining strong and neutral.

"She looked a little damaged, she'll need to see the doctor, it's nice to see you are finally joining in with our customs and it will do well for others to see you with a blood bag" at this the Queens face angered but she quickly returned back to normal, getting her emotions under control.

Aerilyn was brave enough to look up at the mighty Queen, to only find Solenne looking back at her. "Eyes down blood bag" a guard spoke and pushed Aerilyn forward.