Part 41: Returns

Another chapter!? I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment.
Kingston and Alex are calling me.

Again I apologise for any mistakes, I'm typing on my phone at the moment and so it's easy to miss things.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

Never again will I be so bored that I feel the need to do a so-called 'Xtreme Pilates workout: TOTAL BODY WORKOUT'. I walked into the house from the backyard like Bambi on ice, a towel thrown over my shoulder since I couldn't find a yoga matt.

"Ow, ow, ow...ow" I winced as I reached into the cupboard to grab a glass to fill with water.

That was a fantastic idea, Alex. Now you're not going to be able to sit down on the toilet for a week.

I finished the glass and filled up another, suddenly understanding to a great degree the necessity of water to keep humans alive.

It had been 3 days since my talk with Dan and 4 days since I had been babysitting Lucy... and sleeping in Kingston's bed every night, breathing in his smell and being tempted to look through his drawers purely out of curiosity. Of course I respected his privacy and didn't do just that but every night I went to bed, his bedside tables tempted me to peek.

I checked my watch and saw that I still had 4 hours until Lucy had to be picked up from school. I struggled up the stairs to Kingston's shower where I stripped off and left my clothes on the bedroom floor. My muscles ached painfully as I stepped into the steaming shower and the hot water provided some relief.

I'd never been so glad to have left my shampoo, conditioner and body wash back at my flat with Isaac; over the last few days, I'd been using Kingston's body wash and it made me a touch weak at the knees. Every time I opened the bottle it was like he was in the room with me. The steam filled the room with the musky smell of the shower gel and it was like crack.

I lathered up the body wash all over myself until I was sure that my pores had absorbed it, rinsed off and turned off the water.

"Shit," I looked around the bathroom for a spare towel. I told myself last night I needed to put a new one in there but typically as soon as I reminded myself I completely forgot. I reached over and pulled out three tissues from the box and attempted to dab myself down but by the time I'd dried one of my arms the tissues were a scrunched up, soggy mess.

"It's not like anyone is home," I muttered to myself as I shook my legs as best I could despite my aching thighs and opened the door to the bedroom.

Just as I did so, the door to the hallway swung open and Kingston stood in the door way, eyes wide and his mouth hanging open so low that I could kick a soccer ball in there.

"Gah!" I cried and ran back to the bathroom as Kingston smacked his hand to his eyes with an audible clap.

"Oh my god, Alex! I'm so sorry!" I heard him call through the door.

"Can you get me a towel please!" I cried back. How incredibly and utterly humiliating. I caught my eye in the mirror and saw that my face was a tomato shade of red and I almost felt tears sting at my eyes.

A soft tap on the door made me turn around and stick my handout to reach for the towel.

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be back for days." I said as I wrapped the towel around my body tightly. My hair dripped down my back and I took several deep breaths before walking out the door and into the bedroom. Kingston was in the doorway by the time I'd made it out and was about to leave the room.