Part 32: I resolve I'm not perfect

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Okay guys,
we are already over half way on the road to 100k reads and I dont know about you but I find that pretty exciting!

I've had a few people ask about covers for my book and here is a little guide for those who are thinking the same:

1. yes, I am accepting covers for my book! I will post them in each chapter heading with your tag so people can find you!

2. I love it when you send covers!

3. DM me to let me know you have one and send it to shortycharlotte.wattpad@gmail.com WITH *book title - cover* with your username and the image in the email.

I will never post a cover of yours without tagging you in the chapter as it is your work and I have no claim to it.

Thank you so much guys!

"Thanks for dinner," I passed my plate over to Kingston as he cleared the table and he gently smiled as if to say no problem, and I had to tell my tummy to stop doing those flip flops for what felt like the hundredth time in 10 minutes.

"You're welcome, thanks for answering the door," he chuckled with a wink and he made his way to the kitchen with our plates.

I chuckled and fiddled with a little red house that had been left out from the monopoly box. What do I even say to this guy? When I was a teenager I used to rehearse what I would say a million times over in my head if I were ever given the chance to meet him. And yet now, my mind was at a loss.

Okay okay, what topics could I ask him about? I made a list in my head:

1. How was your day? - shit, I've already done that one I think...

2. Any new music coming out? - nope, already asked him that...

3. Tell him how many concerts I'd been to of his.. yeah, that could be a good one.

"Would you like a beer?"

"Hmm?" I looked up the house that was now stuck on my pinky finger. "Oh, no I'm alright, thanks,"

"Oh come on, I hate to drink alone," He stood in front of the fridge and held two coronas in his hands.

"Alright then," I smiled and he popped the lid off, "twist my arm," I joked as I reached for it and he took a seat opposite me at the dining table.

"You know," I started, not really sure what would come out of my mouth, "I have been to all of your London concerts since you started performing live," I tapped the ring on my middle finger against the glass bottle and the echo of the ding seemed to ring throughout the whole house. "I even remember the first time I heard you on the radio, I was driving with my mum to a fresh foods market. I asked for your first CD for my birthday."

"Is that so? Well, when you said you're a big fan I can believe you," he chuckled and took a drink from his beer.

"Yeah, well, you got me through some pretty tough times," I nodded and avoided making eye contact with him. "You and your music for a long time seemed like the only stable thing in my life at that point," I could feel his warm gaze on my face as I struggled to get the plastic house off my finger. He reached over and gently wiggled the house free.

"Would you mind if I asked what it was?"

I shot my gaze up to his face to see a gentle and warm expression covering his features. He looked curiously at me, he wasn't concerned like most people have been which was a bit of a relief.

"My dad left when I was a kid," I took a swig from my bottle to occupy my fidgeting fingers and to think about what I would say next. I couldn't tell him everything that happened, it wasn't something I wanted to dwell over anymore, and as much as I love James Kingston the artist I really don't know him at all. "There was an incident at my school and I came home one day and he was gone. I haven't seen him since," I nodded and his mouth became a tight lipped frown.