Part 2: Pushy

Hey guys! How you enjoying it so far? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote!!

Sitting in class tapping my pen against the table in impatience as I waited for my tutor to hurry up and finish, I was slightly too easily distracted when my phone buzzed beside me.

That's one thing I didn't miss about high school; you can check your phone whenever you want in uni cause nobody cares.

"And so that's why we're positioned to believe what the protagonist is telling us despite whether they are reliable or not..."
I drifted in and out of listening as I stared at my computer screen which was, of course, a picture of Alyssa and I at the James Kingston concert in our matching band T-Shirts.

To look less obvious I waited for the message to load on my computer, turning the brightness down a bit so no one behind me could read my text while pretending to be taking notes.

"Miss Alexis Miles, we would like to welcome you to an interview for the position of the full-time nanny at 17 Sainsbury Avenue. Please contact the following number to arrange a time.
Regards Jeffrey Stanford"

My eyes lit up with excitement. Well, this day just got a bit better.

I raised my hand and excused myself quickly, avoiding the handful of eyes that watched me as I left the room and went to one of the quietest cafes on campus to make the call.

It rang for a few seconds before being answered by what sounded like a middle-aged man.

"Jeffery Stanford," he answered formally and, for some reason, his deep voice threw me.

"Uh yes, hi, my name is Alexis Miles. I just got a text from y-"

"Yes, when would you like to come for an interview? I've got an opening at 2 pm tomorrow or 10:30 am on Thursday,"

I quickly thought it over, flicking open my calendar at lightning speed to see that I had classes a both of those times.

"Oh uh, actually I have uni classes both of those times... is there any chance there'd be another availability?"

There was silence on the other end. A disheartening silence that made me nervous.

"Actually," I began backtracking, "2 pm tomorrow sounds great," I replied, closing my eyes tightly and rubbing my forehead.

"Excellent, I'll see you at the address . Knock on the door twice and wait outside." The line went dead abruptly and I flinched at the sound of white noise.

What does one even wear to a nannying interview? Alyssa. She's the one to ask.

I dialed her number immediately and was met by an answer almost just as fast.

"Alyssa the fashionista," she answered.

"Can I come over? I need your fashion advice,"

I skipped the rest of the class I'd just left and made my way to Alyssa's to raid her closet.

"Just go casual but professional," she said as she rummaged through her room dedicated to her clothes. "Here,"

She threw a navy blazer my way along with a thin neck scarf.

"Pair with a striped long sleeve shirt, jeans and tie the scarf around your neck, roll the sleeves of the blazer up to three quarters and boom," she snapped her fingers causing me to laugh. "You have got yourself a trendy professional who is gonna nail that interview."