Part 22: Sex Appeal

So sorry about the lateness of this one guys! When I haven't been at uni I've been at work so I've barely had the energy to write and I didn't want to give you all something half arsed either.

Don't forget to chuck me a follow so you get updates on when I post on my message board and when I update my other works etc etc.

How much are you enjoying this book so far? Anything you want to see more of or less of?

Enjoy!

The revelation I'd made kept me up all night. I spent the hours pacing about my room, writing down little notes to try to make the timelines match up and eventually I'd made myself a drawing of a spiderweb with all these little connections. The thing that bothered me the most was that Lu had said that her mum had had her when she was 19 which didn't match the timeline of events.

1. Liv and Dan get together in 9th form.

2. Liv and Dan split in 12th form when Liv was 17 and she thus disappeared..

3. Lu is 7 turning 8 now and Liv was 17 turning 18 at the time so maybe Dan had told Lu that she was 19...

4. Liv has a darker skin tone, as does Lucy. Even their hair was similar colour.

5. Lucy always gives Dan weird looks when she sees him.

Everything just works! The only thing that doesn't match up is what Lucy has told me and when I really thought about it, what's to say that Dan hasn't fed Lucy this information in case she did slip up one day at school or when talking to someone and it made him and Liv not look as 'bad' so to speak to be teen parents.

Not that I have anything against teen parents, especially since my friend is potentially one, but I suppose it was a bit more socially acceptable for them to be closer to their 20s in terms of judgement that could swing their way from parents and teachers...

What's to say that Lucy doesn't already know all of this and is feeding me lies so I don't make the connection and potentially ruin my friendship?

Why is Lucy so smart!?

I didn't get a wink of sleep that night, instead I lay there wide-eyed and staring at the ceiling or around the room, trying to dissolve my theory but the more I thought about it the more I realised how plausible it is.

It was daylight before I even realised that I hadn't slept all night hence I was exhausted as I got to Lucy's to take her to school. I prayed she didn't notice anything was off but I had a feeling that this perceptive little miss did. I had barely spoken to her and I couldn't make eye contact at all.

'She's the daughter of my best friend' kept playing over and over in my head. Is she lying to me? How the hell am I going to act around Dan when he gets back? What am I going to tell Alyssa?

This is exactly why Dan didn't tell us, it would cause rifts and arguments and potentially jeopardise his relationships. But by not telling us has he made it worse?

In a way, I felt responsible for finding this out. Dan had worked hard to keep this a secret but I paid too much attention to detail and poked my nose into what I shouldn't've and now I've ruined it.

His biggest secret.

I felt so guilty in fact, that I made myself go back to Lucy's to wallow in my self pity and loathing.
And so, there I was sitting on the couch with the tv on low and my mood on zero.
I was tempted to go up to the closed door on the second floor to have a look around and confirm my suspicions but I had a feeling that would be taking it too far. Instead, I finally had a chance to look inside the garage that had been kept a secret from me in the month plus time I had been working here.