Part 35: Love Birds

New chapter guys and a nice and long one at that! Don't forget to vote and comment, I love hearing your feedback! 

Hope you're all well and staying safe during this time! 

"Come on Lu, we're going to be late!" I called from the bottom of the stairs as I pulled her bag onto my shoulder.

"The game doesn't start for another 20 minutes, calm your farm," she yelled from her room and I laughed softly so she wouldn't hear me.

"Yeah, but you need to warm up. Do you really want to lose because you can't do your back kicks properly?" I called out and she popped her head around the door frame, a glower on her face.

"You know as well as I do that my back kicks are perfect," she said, begging me to argue with her as she marched down the stairs.

"Alright well, go fill up your drink bottle and say goodbye to dad," I trailed behind her as she took her bottle from her bag and joined Kingston in the kitchen who was sipping from a coffee and staring at his phone intently.

He had a soft frown on his face as he texted someone back, his brows creasing slightly every few seconds and when he sucked in his bottom lip my knees nearly buckled.

"I have a boyfriend," I whispered to myself in warning.

"What was that, Alex?" he asked, looking up from his phone and I looked away, embarrassed from being caught.

"Oh.. ah... nothing, I was just talking to myself... you know, as you do- Lucy come on we're gonna be late!" I called out to her and turned to walk towards the door.

"Actually, the game has been cancelled, the other team forfeited," Kingston replied and Lucy groaned in disappointment.

I dropped her bag on the couch and sat down next to it equally as disappointed. I needed get away from Kingston. We'd been spending a lot of time together recently and the more time we spent together the more I was convincing myself that he was flirting with me.

"Can we still go to the park so I can practise? Why is it the Hornets always cancel as soon as the sun is out? Is there whole team allergic or something?" Whined Lucy as she sat on the floor to start doing up her shoelaces.

"Why don't I take you to the movies, Lu? That way dad has time to get his work done?" I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to Google movie times and to have something to look at that wasn't Kingston's sexy face and-

"Actually," started Kingston, pursing his lips and staring across the room to the window, "it's a lovely day and it seems a shame to waste such beautiful sunshine by staying inside, why don't the three of us go to the conservation centre?"

Lucy's face lit up and I'd be lying if I said the thought of spending time alone-ish with Kingston wasn't something that made me excited although guilty.

"Are you sure?" I asked him, lowering my phone and trying to not let the butterflies in my chest affect my voice.

"Of course, I'll take the day off and besides," he moved towards me, "It's been so long since I've been to the zoo," he smiled a white toothy grin and moved around me to walk up the stairs.

"Do you think they'll have monkeys at the condensation centre?" Asked Lucy, wearing the same smile as her father as she pulled off her shoes and socks.

"I dare say they will, at the conservation centre," I teased.

Kingston came down the stairs moments later with a black denim jacket over his grey T-shirt, holding a cap and dark sunglasses in one hand.