Part 21: Time Bomb

Exciting chapter! Don't forget to follow me so you get updates of when I upload and when I post important messages on my wall concerning chapters!

Also, if you didn't know already I have a twitter account where I post chapter upload info, pics of my dogs (!!!) and just other stuff about my Wattpad account :)

username: shortycharlott1

Chuck us a follow!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

I spoke to Dan early in the morning before he left and wished him well with his Aunty and before I had to go to work. I already felt a little lonely and he hadn't even gone to the airport yet. He and Lys were definitely my confidants at the moment, well, always actually. Now that he was gone I had to risk bumping into Isaac without having a diversion since Alyssa never really came to uni. 

Lu was a little deflated compared to her usual self since her dad also left today. I promised to make her fried rice for dinner to try to lift her spirits and mine as well if I was being honest. She'd mentioned that she's gone longer periods of time without seeing him but it was the fact that it is her birthday in three weeks made her even sadder that she wouldn't be seeing him.

I reminded her that he'd be back by then but it didn't brighten her mood which cause me to think that if he disappears so often he probably cancels plans just as often. She wanted to spend time with him now in case he did cancel on her birthday, and for that I couldn't blame her.

I hoped that her day would get better as time went by but I just didn't quite see how it would.
Whilst she was on my mind I made the effort to call Standard to ask him about having Lu over while her dad was away. I had to remind myself as the phone was ringing to not say anything about her dad being away if I had any plans to keep my job. 

"Hi Jeff, it's just me, Alex... I was wondering if Lucy might be able to stay at mine for a night or two? She was saying the other day that she wanted to meet my best friend and I thought maybe we could have a girls night?" I prayed during his long pause that he would say yes. He umm'ed and ahh'ed for a bit and my hopes started to deplete the longer this went on.

"I don't know, I'd have to contact my employer as this has never been a question before," I imagined him biting his lip in apprehension and contemplation, however, I didn't think he was the type to bite his lip. No, he was more of a stroking his metaphorical beard sort.

"Do you mind contacting them today, if it's no trouble?" My thoughts that Jeff had started to warm to me a bit more were confirmed as he spoke to me; he was gentler when he spoke and wasn't as untrusting now that I'd been with Lu for over a month.

"I'll contact them now and get back to you as soon as possible, goodbye Alexis," he hung up and I felt a small smile twitch at my lips. He was just a professional middle-aged man who really cared about his job and, to be fair, I don't think I'd trust just anybody to take care of my Lucy either.

Little things that had been nagging at the back of my brain all day. I just had the feeling that I was missing something, that something was really strange but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

My drive to uni forced me to concentrate on the road but I couldn't help but feel my mind constantly wondering to Dan and his car. For some reason I felt as though I'd seen it before and I couldn't remember if it was just because I'd seen it so many times now or because I had actually seen it in a separate situation.

Sure, someone else might have the same car but there aren't that many Jeeps around my area.

It was just one of those weird deja vu things that pop up in your head at random times. I'd been staring at Jeeps since I was a kid and wanted one for years so maybe that's why I'd just felt like I'd seen it before.