Part 13: Danger Zone

Massive chapter today guys and only a few days after the last one too!

Can you pretty please let me know if the chapters are getting too long? I know sometimes it's hard to concentrate when they're too long so let me know if they're okay or if you want them shorter! 

Thanks guys!

I paced back and forth in the living room. I can't tell Lys I told him. Maybe he didn't hear. Maybe he was just thinking of something else and that's why he looked preoccupied. I'll call him. I can't call him. If he didn't hear then it'll tip him off that something is afoot. If he did hear then it confirms his suspicions. I'll call Alyssa. No, I can't call her; she'll kill me. Oh my god, what am I going to do!?

I looked over at the clock and I was already fifteen minutes late. Lucy will have been sitting there for five minutes wondering where I was.

I went five over the speed limit the whole way to her school and found her sitting on the brick wall, her legs dangling over the edge with the book we'd been reading in her hands.

"I'm so sorry, Lu, I got caught up with something," I apologised as I walked over to her. 

"It's okay, I got six more pages in," she gathered her things and jumped off the brickwall.

Good, she wasn't upset that I was late. I hoped that spending time with her this afternoon would give me time to think over what I was doing but calmly as I didn't want to make her worry.

"What's wrong with you? You're all flustered,"

"Flustered?" I smirked down at her.

"Yeah, Ms Hallaway used it in class today and I wanted to use it too," she smiled and I grinned down at her. 

"I may have told someone something they weren't supposed to know," I told her, taking her bag and putting it in the boot of the car which I had to force shut quite roughly for it to actually close.

I got in and proceeded to turn on the car with a deep breath to calm myself.

"What did you tell them?" She asked, buckling up her seat belt.

"I told them that one of my friends is in love with them," I sighed and she gawked at me.

"Why would you do that?!" She exclaimed and I saw hurt linger in her eyes. Oh god.

"I didn't mean to, they weren't in the room, they were outside, but I think they heard,"

Her frown deepened and I thought now was a pretty good time to change the topic.

"So, what did you do today? Get much homework?" This managed to keep her talking for the rest of the drive. My mind was still reeling with what to do about Dan. I could tell Isaac, but that would be telling more people about Alyssa. Sometimes I wondered if he knew, but then thought otherwise when he never commented on her lingering stare or the fact that her pupils grew when she watched him. No, he wouldn't know either, the only person that he was concerned about was me half the time and I wish it wasn't.

"...so you won't need to stay past four on Wednesday," Lu's ranting popped into my head.

"Sorry, what was that?" I asked as I turned onto the street.

"Have you even been listening?" She rolled her eyes. "I have parent teacher interviews so Jeff will be picking me up and you don't need to stay past four," she said, her tone playfully irritated.

"Standard's taking you to parent teacher interviews?" I asked stupidly, watching her with my brows pulled tightly together.

"Yeah, well my parents don't really do much of that thing so Jeff comes with me and gives my parents the information they need," she shrugged like it was normal.