Part 1: Comfortable

Chapter 1! So excited for this! I've had this idea in my head for years - around the same time I was writing Apartment No.4 - and now I've finally gotten round to writing it!

and I know, it hasn't even been a week since I finished Apartment No.4 and I'm already posting for my new books. Crazy!

I welcome covers gratefully, so if anyone wants to send me a cover for any of my three works go for it! Just private message me to let me know or check out my bio which contains my email - just don't forget to include your usename in the email so I know who it's from :)

Lovely cover by @meha_k !!!

Love you all!

Hope you guys enjoy, let me know what you think and don't forget to vote!

"Have you heard more about that babysitting job?" Asked Isaac as he took a sip from his pint, a little bit of the foam settling on the top of his lip.

"It's not babysitting it's nannying and no I haven't," I replied, furiously picking at a basket of hot chips in front of us.

"What's the difference?" He questioned, his beer poised in front of his face as he side-eyed me.

"You applied for a job?" Demanded Alyssa, her Mancunian accent prominent against the buzz of Cockney around us in the bar.

"Yeah, a nannying job about 20 minutes from here. It's like a drop to school, help with homework, take care at night sort of thing. I don't know, apparently, the parent works really long hours and doesn't have time for their own kid," I shrugged, swirling my straw through my Gin and Tonic in its short glass.

"Guess it'll look good on a resume if you get it," she offered, scrunching her crazy tight curls, looking in a little pocket mirror.

"Alright, next round is on Issac," said Daniel as he carefully carried four beers in his hands in a square formation, wary of where he was stepping to not bump into anyone or trip on anything.

"Thanks, Daniel," crooned Alyssa as she takes one from the cluster, her gaze lingering a little too long on him.

"Alright, but then that's the last round, Alex and I have classes early in the morning." Issac rested his arm across the back of my chair in a subconsciously protective manner.

"Just skip them, I do mine," muttered Alyssa as she fixed her turquoise one shoulder shirt against her dark skin.

"Yes, well some of us are making the most of our education," I balled up a napkin and threw it at her making her jump and poke her tongue out at me playfully.

Alyssa was planning on going into the fashion industry as soon as she'd finished her Arts degree at uni. I was planning on going teaching and Isaac was studying engineering... no one really knew what Daniel was doing...

"Daniel, chosen a major yet?" I asked, sipping the remnants of my drink from my glass before moving onto my beer.

"Nope, not yet," he sighed as though it was the biggest weight on his shoulders.

"Dude, it's been 4 years, you better get a wriggle on," said Isaac as he responded to something on his phone.

"Nah, I just like going with the flow of life. I'll figure it out one day," he shrugged, reaching a for a chip.

"Well, hope it flows you to a course," I replied, nodding at him.

My mind floated away to my job application. It was strange that it really only had three details on it:

Female

Current divers lisence

Available early and late hours