Part 39: Ultimatum

Hey guys!

I know how long it's been and I do apologise. Unfortunately I'm going to have to stop making promises or giving ideas of when chapters are going to be coming out because it's just not something that I can achieve at this point in time.

This chapter has been sitting here for a while and I finally got around to editing it so here it is.

Are there any turns you guys want this story to take?

What do you want to happen?

Enjoy ~

Lys dropped me home after dinner at hers of take away Chinese noodles and a bottle of fizz. When we pulled up to my building she kissed me on the cheek and wished me luck.

"Don't let him push you around," were her last words to me. I tried to make them ring in my ears as made my way to our flat.

As what seemed to be the usual these days, I climbed the steps slowly and sighed when I reached the door. There was a part of me that wanted to just turn on my heel and walk away from it all. One big problem with that idea was that all of my stuff was inside, and it would be useful if I could keep it.

I tousled my fringe for literally no reason, stared at the door one more time and with a burst of courage from who knows where, I opened the door to this part of my life.

Kim was sitting on the couch with her back pressed against Isaac's knees as he rubbed her shoulders. Her legs dangled off the arm of the sofa in a relaxed, I own this apartment kind of way. I blinked hard at this sight and wondered why I hadn't indeed decided to turn and walk away when I had the chance.

"Hey Alex!" she greeted with a grin and a wave. Isaac looked over at me, still massaging Kim's back and looked back at the TV to the movie they were watching without so much as a smile.

"Hi," I continued past them and into the bedroom where I dropped all my stuff and walked into the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at myself in the mirror and all I saw was an angry twenty-something-year-old who looked tired and dishevelled - not from the weather but just from life. A pang in my chest hurt like I had been stabbed. I took a few deep breaths to move the pain. I ran my fingers across my own shoulders and felt little bumps and crunches from the knots that were developing like boulders in my muscles.

This Isaac thing was stressing me out. This Kingston thing was stressing me out.  My phone felt heavy in my pocket like it was daring me to text him. Where would it get me if I sent him a message? It's not like anything could happen. He's with Georgia and I'm with Isaac and it's not like anything would happen. We had boundaries, and hey, Isaac had Kim, why couldn't I have Kingston? But in secret... very, very secret.

I shook the thought, daring myself to pull out my phone and send him a message. What harm would 'safe travels!' be?

I pulled my phone out and started typing.

Me:*Enjoy your trip. Don't come back unless you bring us an American sugar filled cereal :P *

I hit send and proceeded to strip off to take a long shower and do a hair treatment for the first time in months. When I stepped out of the shower, there was a message already waiting for me.

Kingston:*you better believe it . There's actually a security guard at the plane that won't allow you on unless you buy presents for everyone you know*

I smiled and stared at my screen, rereading the message.

Me: *I really hope that's true*