Chapter 40: You Make My Dreams Come True

Welcome back my lovelies! A chapter for you all to enjoy. I apologise for any spelling/grammatical mistakes - I've been typing this on my phone. I will come back to them in a moment, I just had the sudden urge to write this for you!

Please don't forget to comment and vote!

Question for you: which chapter has been your favourite and why???

"Oh, come on! There must've been more to it than that," laughed Kingston as he took a swig from his beer, watching me with amusement clear in his eyes.

"Hand on heart, there wasn't anything of the sort. Dan locked himself out of the boys change rooms and had to walk through the main office completely nude," I continued, trying my hardest to seem earnest.

Kingston shook his head with a smile, his elbows resting on his knees.

"Do you want me to call him to prove it to you?" I asked, reaching for my phone.

"No," he said, reaching his hand out and placing it on top of mine to stop me. Electricity shot up my arm and I immediately felt warmth spread to my cheeks. I stared at his hand, my breathing turning shallow and deep.

I glanced to my right and noticed Kingston's face was merely inches from mine. His bottom lip tempting me closer. I struggled to keep my eyes open as his breath cascaded over my neck and goosepimples arose on my arms.

"I know what you're feeling," he whispered in my ear and my eyes succumbed to their heavy eyelids and fluttered closed. "I've tried to fight it," he continued, his hand sliding up my arm and to my neck, his finger tips leaving a trail of fire in their wake.

Just as his thumb grazed my bottom lip, I leaned in to him, his strong body feeling hard underneath my touch. Something changed.

The air that was circulating a fire within my body turned cold and ice filled my veins. The hand that had been resting gently against the side of my neck clamped shut tightly and I choked against the grasp.

My eyes flew open and as I struggled for breath the face of my old boss was blurred in my vision.

"GAH!" I sat up with a gasp, my hand pressed firmly to my neck. I breathed heavily, my shoulders shaking with the stress of forcing myself to breathe.

I stared around at my surroundings and gathered myself. I was safe. I was in Lucy's house, half asleep on the couch.

I felt a rush of relief that what I'd just experienced had been a dream, followed by the slightest feeling of disappointment as I looked around the room and Kingston was no where to be seen. I rested my head in my hands and tried to calm the anxiety that was making my blood rush around my body like a rollercoaster.

I'd put Lucy to bed hours ago and must've fallen asleep on the couch when I was taking a break from studying. When I felt a tad more relaxed, I picked myself up, double checked I'd locked the door and made my way to Kingston's room for bed.

I climbed the stairs slowly, suddenly very awake at the thought of sleeping in Kingston's room. I'd never seen the inside of his room, of course I'd been tempted but out of respect I'd always breezed right past his door.

I took a deep breath and turned the door handle, creaking the door open slowly and quietly. I don't know what I was expecting - perhaps nothing - but I was met with a perfectly ordinary bedroom. I flicked on the light so see there was what looked like a queen bed covered in a grey duvet with the pillows propped up at the end - no decorative cushions in sight. Across from the bed there was a chest of drawers with a two bottles of cologne and a picture frame with a picture of Lucy in it as a younger child. A soft smile crept onto my face as I looked at it.