Part 3: Unrequited

Hey guys! I know, I know I said I would be taking a break since I'd finished Apartment No.4 but you know me, I can't help myself!

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter! Next chapter should be out soonish, I'm currently trying to mass produce some and editing as I go. Be sure to check out my first book Apartment No.4, it's complete and ready to binge read.

Enjoy guys, don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts :)

I looked myself up and down in the full length mirror in our bathroom and fidgeted with the tie around my neck and the fit of the blazer.

I looked tidy, which I suppose is a good thing. I had to trust Alyssa in knowing what she was talking about when it came to clothes, I just begged she was right about this one.

I picked up my bag and made my way to the door. Luckily, Isaac had classes early this morning and wouldn't be home in time to see me all dressed up nor would he be able to say 'No, I'll drive you and wait outside the whole time to make sure you don't run off with someone'.

I left plenty of time to get there and wait out the front. Normally it would only take 20 minutes but thanks to the idiots on the road who don't know how to drive, there was an accident on the highway.
So being me and thinking that I could totally beat the traffic by taking a short cut, I did. And I ended up no better than if I had have stayed in traffic.

I arrived seven minutes late and had my heart in my throat as I knocked on the door. It opened abruptly to a middle aged man in a suit and tie who held a damn grumpy expression.

"Alexis Miles?" He asked, his voice gruff and frustrated as he stepped to the side to let me through.

"Yeah- yes, I am sir, and it's a pleasure to meet you," I held my hand out awaiting a hand shake and he just shook his head making my stomach fall.

"No time for that, come along you're late," he ushered me through to another room that I assumed to be a living room. From what little I had seen it was a nice place; a small, street side townhouse with a lovely wrought iron gate covered in climbing roses out the front and nicely quaint on the inside.

Everything was a mixture of traditional and comfortable, painted mostly in cool blues and dark greens with lots of dark wood furniture.

I perched myself carefully on the edge of the grey plush couch, my knees tightly pressed together with my hands containing my resume and notebook atop them.

"I'll need to see your drivers license," he held out his hand from his place on the opposite single chair and I fiddled awkwardly with my purse before I could finally get it open to give him my license. Horrible picture. I swear they hit a button that makes your face go bam when they take it.

"Right, let's begin," he sat back a little, crossing his ankle over his knee and preparing himself for note taking. "Tell me about yourself,"

"Well, I'm 22 years old, I'm currently studying childhood education at university, I have two younger brothers whom I used to babysit when they were little, along with my three cousins whom I was babysitting every Wednesday through to Friday after school up until recently,"

"And why is that?" He asked, a deepset frown on his face as his pen scribbled away on the notepad.

"Well, I was essentially my brothers' caretaker and my cousin is a full time working Mum as is her husband so they needed me to look after them after daycare and all, they've since moved to a new city now so I don't get to see them very often and they have no use for a babysitter across the state," I laughed awkwardly but was not met with one in turn.