Part 19: Tipsy

We're nearly at 10k woohoo!!!! Thanks so much for the love and support fam!
Also, if anyone wants to send me covers for any of my work send them through with your username so I know who to thank to the following email:
shortycharlotte.wattpad@gmail.com

"So my aunty wants me to stay with her for a few days," announced Dan to us all across the table.

"Which aunt?" Asked Isaac, taking a gulp from his beer.

"The one in Ireland. She's bought a new computer and has no idea what to do with it,"

I giggled to my surprise, perhaps I'd had a bit too much to drink for now. I peered down at the three glasses in front of me and took a deep breath to steady my light head.

Alyssa sent a sidelong look my way and turned her attention to Dan.

"Do you have to go? Why can't one of her kids do it?" She asked, her chin resting on her palm.

"Unfortunately I do, she doesn't have any kids and she never married. I'll be back soon though," Dan held eye contact with Lys for a period of time that seemed a little too long. His eyes were soft and caring and I felt the need to end this moment of... something.

"When do you go?" Asked Kim, her eyes still trained on the door for any sign of Andrew.

"Early next week, I won't be gone for too long," he replied, side eyeing Alyssa again.

"Lys, wanna come to the loo?" I asked, hopping off my bar stool and pulling her with me.

When I closed the stall door behind us and we were in a very close proximity that was making my head feel a little fluttery, I demanded of her.

"What was that? You and Dan shared a little moment there,"

"I don't know, it was like... like he was pulling me in," she confessed with a sigh of frustration and sat down on the closed toilet.

Now was my time and if I regretted it or if she called me daft I could blame it on my lightweight-ness.

"I think you should go for it. Now. Ask him to drop you home and make your move,"

"What!?" She gasped and I took her hands in mine.

"Have another drink that way you can blame it on that if he rejects you... but Lys," I sat on her lap and stared genuinely at her. "I promise you that the likelihood of him rejecting you is very small. Minuscule almost,"

"I don't know," she avoided my eyes by toying with the end of her shirt. How could I get her to make a move without telling her that he knows?

"Come on, just think about it," I pulled her up by her hand and we left the stall to sit back down with everyone else. The music had gotten a bit louder and a few people were dancing closer to the speakers. A thought struck me.

"Oh! Dan come on let's go dance," I hadn't even sat back down on the seat before I'd pulled Dan off of his and towards the small crowd of people. I didn't, however, miss the obvious glare from Isaac as I stood in close proximity with his best friend.

"I think you should make a move on Alyssa, I saw the way you two were looking at each other," I said loudly over the music and he looked down at his shoes.

"I dont know," he lingered on his words and I resisted the temptation to roll my eyes.

"Do you want to be with her, Dan?" I flat out demanded. This sadness that was controlling him had to stop as did the frustrations and anxieties of Lys.

"Yes... I think so, I just don't want to go into something that could end," he said a little too quietly and I had to strain hear and resort to reading his lips.