Chapter 28: Sprung

Woohoo! Chapter update. I'm really sorry about the wait you guys, to be completely honest I lost a lot of motivation to write not too long ago and thanks to isolation it seems I've found it haha! 

I think I was getting stuck on the fact that I felt the story wasn't going anywhere but I've managed to rework a few of my plans and here we are! 

I really hope you enjoy - it's a medium sized one this time and I'm hoping the next chapter will be a giant one but who knows as of yet.

Thanks guys, I really hope you're all well and surviving as best as you can :) xxx

"What was that about?" Asked Dan, as he rounded the corner to get back to Alyssa's.

"Just some guys being assholes and making us feel uncomfortable. You should've heard her, Dan, she was brilliant: She told those arseholes right where they can go," said Lys as she fist bumped the air and Dan chuckled with a grin.

"It was stupid, I shouldn't have done it," I twiddled my thumbs on my lap from the back seat and hoped that no one would look back to see me. Whatever vote of confidence I'd achieved in the club was gone and the anxiety that was riddling my body was back.

"It wasn't stupid, it was brave. You showed those guys that girls can't just be spoken about without us fighting back. You're an inspiration,"

I laughed, I was hardly an inspiration but I wasn't about to stand around while they made me feel uncomfortable.

My head was still spinning alcohol and the road started to sway like the waves on Brighton beach early in the morning.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax without falling asleep in the back of the car - something that I used to frequently do after a night out. But low and behold, I was woken up the next morning in Alyssa's lounge room on the couch with a glass of water on the coffee table and two Asprin by the sizzle and smell of bacon coming from the kitchen.

I eased up on my elbows and rubbed my eyes firmly revelling in the feeling of scratching a nights worth of smoke and haze from my eyes.

"Good morning sunshine," Dan peered round the corner at me with a cheeky smile and a spatula in his hand. 

"mmm," I groaned and looked around me to see my shoes placed neatly by the coffee table and a packet of face wipes resting on top of them.

God Alyssa really is the best. I pulled the packet over and struggled to pull a wipe from the packet so I could freshen up my face. 

"How did I get up here? I don't even remember falling asleep," I mumbled over to Dan who chuckled.

"Well, you woke up when we got home but you all but fell from the car so I carried you up. You were exhausted Alex," his brow creased as he looked at me.

I continued to wipe my face with the cool facial wipe and sat up on the couch.

"Sleep like I've been sleeping and you'd be exhausted too," 

"Isaac still bothering you?" asked Dan as he flipped eggs and bacon onto a tray.

"Just the idea of him and I've had a few other things bothering me." The thought of Dan being Lucy's dad popped into my head and instantly made me feel nauseous. I peered over to him from the corner of my eye to see him watching me. "I'm worried about Lucy," I started, watching his face carefully for any sign of a tell.

I certainly didn't have the courage to straight up ask him but I had enough to make him nervous. 

"Why's that?" he was interested enough to ask and his head tilted to the side.