Five.

After the meeting with Xavier DeSantio ended, the 2 men showed me around the house and introduced me to some people. The black haired guy's name was Mason Russo and he was the consigliere. While Kyle Denario, who had the curly caramel hair, was their hacker and in charge when both DeSantio and Mason were absent; both of them having a brotherly bond with DeSantio. The trio was well known as the youngest, deadliest trio in the mafia.

A knock on the bedroom door dragged me out of my train of thoughts. After the house tour, they gave me a new bedroom to stay in which was closer to Mason
and Kyle's room, and I've been here ever since, wanting to be left alone for a while.

'Come in,' I replied. A lady with a short, delicate frame walked in with a couple of bags in her fragile hands. She had black hair that were tied up in a low bun with the prettiest brown eyes blending in with the slight wrinkles she had. Even in her 40s, the women looked elegant as the stars in a gloomy night sky.

'Hi dear, we've already met so I'm not going to bother introducing myself again. You have no idea how happy I am to have another women in the house, the amount of testosterone here drives me insane!' She exclamation while holding my hand and slightly laughing. Mary and I met when the guys were giving me a tour of the house. Mary was their housekeeper but also a grandma to them as Kyle liked to put it. She's been working for the DeSantios for 12 years, and how she managed to put up with them for so long blew my mind. I didn't know what to do or how to react. Her motherly and kind behavior felt so foreign to me, it got my head in a frenzy. Before I could say anything she continued, 'Oh my, look at me forgetting things because of my excitement. Okay honey, I got you some clothes which I'm pretty sure will fit you and some female products. Ooo I got you some makeup as well cuz I know girls these days loooveee to use this stuff. I hope you like it,' she finished by handing me the bags. I stared at the amount of bags and then brought my gaze to her to see that she was smiling gently at me. 'You don't have to say anything honey. I know most of the people in the mafia and their reaction to kindness, and that's why I'm like that to everyone. I give people what they need in life, love. Even if its not in a romantic way,' she chuckled at that and I smiled, 'it's enough to fill a hole in your heart somewhere. Go freshen up and come down for dinner okay?' she said standing up.

'Okay,' I nodded. As she left the room, I went through the bags. Mary did a great job to say the least. She got me many different types of black, blue and grey pants with different tops of the same colors. She even got me some hoodies, leather jackets, combat boots and slippers, but most important were the undergarments and the toiletries. Taking the stuff and setting up everything in the cupboard and bathroom, I decided on taking a shower.

I stood under the shower and closed my eyes thinking about the shit that has happened in the past week. I managed to run away from my father's, which no doubt was the best decision of my life, but got kidnapped by Xavier DeSantio. I don't know how to feel about this whole kidnapping thing. Sure I can try to run away from here, but then DeSantio's words echo in my mind; 'Where would you go?' It's been a week since I ran away and I'm pretty sure my father is losing his mind; making him increase his search team on me. Hence, running from here would mean that I'm quite literally walking into the lion's den. Am I safe here? Yeah they gave me a place to stay with a lot of other essentials, but that's not enough to make me trust them. The next thing you know DeSantio would be sending me to my father for some shipment, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised. I know that DeSantio did not just kidnap me for fun. He has some twisted game going on in his brain, and I have to find out before it's too late.

I finished my shower and changed into black sweatpants with a black tank top, leaving my waist length hair flow freely. I cautiously made my way out of my room and towards the kitchen. Getting closer to the living room, the loud chattering of men and the fresh aroma of food got stronger, so did my anxiety I thought to myself. Back at my father's, if they wanted to feed me, the food was sent to my room. So the whole idea of sitting with other people and eating together was very weird to me. As soon as I stepped in the living room, the chattering turned into hushed whispers and everyone's gaze was on me. There was no doubt that DeSantio's men were scared of me, and the fear on their faces proved my point. Although they were afraid of me, they spared no chance in shamelessly checking me out and because of that, I wanted nothing but to take their eyes out.

'Felicity dear!' I turned around to see Mary standing with a whining Kyle on her left and an annoyed Mason on her right. Ignoring the stare of more than 20 men, I made my way towards them.

'Kyle would you shut the fuck up.'

'No, fuck off. Mary pleaaasseeeee. I'll do my own laundry after this one just please for the love of God and Felicity, don't make me do the dishes.'

'Uh, what's happening and why am I being dragged into this?'

'We have a rule that we have to do our own laundry once a week so that the guys totally don't depend on Mary and the other workers. If you don't, you have to face consequences unless you have a valid reason of why, like being on a mission-'

'Or being with Xavier which is my excuse for this one'

'Dude being with capo is a mission on its own,' a random guy added.

'See Mary. Thank you Jonathon.'

'Kyle that's enough. I am going to-'

'What's going on?' A deep gruff voice asked making us all shut up and turn to look at the source of the voice.

'Oh fuck.'

'Ah yes Xavier dear come here,' DeSantio walked over to Mary and looked between all of us. 'Was Kyle with you in a meeting or sent to work that he should be excused for not doing his laundry?'

'Well I'm fucked.'

'No.' was DeSantio's only reply before he walked away to greet the rest of his men with a subtle nod.

'You. Do the dishes tonight or else you'll be doing the dishes for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch as well.'

'WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE MEEEEEEEEEEEE.' I had to cover my ears at how pitchy Kyle's voice got.

Mary nudged my shoulder whispering, 'Lets go eat.'

We walked to the kitchen and the aroma of fresh food got stronger. I looked at the amount of things Chef Alfonso managed to prepare. There was salad, pasta, pizza, some kind of rice, and non alcoholic champagne. I don't even remember the last time I had a proper home cooked meal, probably like years ago when my father decided to be a little generous to me.

'Felicity child. How are you doing?' Chef Alfonso asked. He was working here for 4 years and helped Mary in household work whenever he was free. The chef before him was killed because he tried to poison DeSantio's food, forgetting the fact that DeSantio has his men everywhere, and so he basically signed his death date.

'Uh I'm fine. What about you?'

'I'm great, thank you for asking. Come on take whatever you want and as much as you want.'

I basically took everything and so much that it was flooding my plate. I can't blame myself though, as the food looked amazing and the last time I ate was, yeah I don't know. Taking my plate, I moved past the other men and up the stairs to go to my room.

'FELICITY! Where do you think you're going young lady?' Mary practically screamed.

'I uh to my room?'

'Yeah sure. Bring your ass back down and sit down with all of us. We all eat together like a family dear.'

Oh.

I sat down in between Mary and Kyle. Soon everyone started eating and talking to anyone about the most random shit ever; some guys even tried including me in their conversations. The only person still looking at me was DeSantio, making me narrow my eyes at him. When none of us backed down at our staring competition, I shrugged and started eating. I looked around to see that Mary was indeed right. This was like a family most would die to have. Maybe staying here wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.