Seven.

It has been 2 days since the talk I had with DeSantio, and like most of the nights, I'm overthinking everything that has been happening since I can't sleep. I think I'm also about to get my periods soon, therefore my hormones aren't letting me sleep either. I've been here for almost a week now and everything's going too good for my liking, and that just scares the fuck out of me. The last time I had a 'normal' week was when I was fucking 11 and all this, it's just overwhelming.

I changed into a pair of black sport leggings and a black sports bra, before heading towards the gym at the back of the house. The gym had every single machine that you could ask for, approximately 6 punching bags with its gloves and tapes, and a boxing ring in the middle. The thing I admired most about the gym was its interior, which was all black and red with faint gold lights dimly lighting up the place. The voice of chains clattering and heavy breathing echoed around the gym. I walked further into the gym towards the punching bag, grabbing some tapes and gloves on the way. I stopped a feet away from the punching bags to see DeSantio punching the bag mercilessly. He was wearing only wearing black sweatpants that hung way too low, and his hair were in a mess making him look gorgeous.

'Shouldn't you be sleeping, tesoro?'

'I could ask you the same question cretino.'

(cretino=jerk)

'Again with nicknames.' I walked over to him and leaned against the punching bag next to him, wrapping my knuckles with the tape.

'Work load?' He stopped hitting the bag, and looked at me. His charming green eyes glowing under the dim lighting, staring right into my soul.

'You care because?'

'I don't. I'm just trying to make a conversation,' I say shrugging. 'Want to have a quick match in the ring, Mr.DeSantio?'

'Are you sure you want to take a beating today Ms. Alexander?'

'Cocky are we now Mr.DeSantio?'

'Just stating facts,' he shrugged.

'We'll see about that then.' He motioned for me to walk ahead of him and towards the ring.

'First one to hit the ground wins.' I quickly nodded before stepping in the ring, him following me close behind.

We stood opposite of each other in the center of the ring and circled around. His eyes going up and down my figure probably trying to find out some weakness, while I did the same but staring directly into his eyes instead. I purposely leaned a little on my right leg making my left look weak, so he could go in for the attack on that side. We went on in circles until I got bored and decided to speak up.

'You know, you never told me why you brought me here. I've been here for a week now and I know that Xavier DeSantio does not just kidnap people without seeing his benefit in the situation.'

'You seem to know a lot about me Ms. Alexander.'

'What can I say, I do my research on my damsel in distress .' As soon as I said that, DeSantio lunged at me throwing a left hook on my gut which I easily dodged. He attacked my left side just like I expected him to. I kicked his stomach and raised my fist to punch his right side. He held my fist mid air, punched me in the gut, and spun me around so my back was pressed against his chest.

'Tesoro, I'll say this for the first and last time, I saved you. I fucking kidnapped you for your own good,' he whispered in my ear.

I elbowed his gut and turned around while kicking the back of his leg causing him to fall down on the ground. I crouched beside him and spoke in a low, menacing tone, 'And I'll say this for the last time Mr. DeSantio, I successfully survived 20 years of my life, alone. I strongly believe that I do not need to be saved, because I cannot be saved anymore. I do not need your or anyone else's help in order to save me, as when I did ask for help, no one bothered. So why now when I'm good on my own? If your only reason to bring me here was to 'save' me, then I will be leaving from your property as soon as the sun rises,' I said in one breath and turned around to exit the ring, throwing the tapes I was wearing on the ground. I was about to leave the gym when I was grabbed by the wrist and pulled against a hard, tattooed chest. I looked up and raised a perfect eyebrow at the beautiful green eyed guy who had one hand clamped on my wrist and one hand snaked around my waist.

'You will not be going anywhere on my watch tesoro,' he opened his mouth to say something else but quickly shut it and simply stared at me going through my facial features.

'Why?' I whispered.

'You'll know soon tesoro, soon,' with that he released me and left the gym.

I stood rooted in my spot for 10 minutes. The weird sensation in my stomach was back again and my heart was beating erratically in my chest. Why was I feeling this way? I sighed and thought about DeSantio's words about him not wanting me to leave his house and me getting to know something soon. The only meaning behind this was that he knew something about me or related to me that I wasn't aware of.

What are you hiding from me Xavier DeSantio?