Eighteen.

Flashback

'Who do you serve?' My father, who was more like my master as he liked to call it, asked me while cleaning my blood from the knife in his hand.

'You, Marcello Alexander,' I said trying my best not to cry because of the throbbing pain in my body.

'Good girl,' he stood in front of my physically dead body and looked me up and down. He smirked, and took a handful of my hair in his fist, pulling my head back. The cold metal of the knife touched my neck, and goosebumps rose on my arms.

'You know I could kill you right here, dear daughter. Ever wondered why I didn't? Let me tell you. You give me the satisfaction no one else can, and you do everything for me. You know what you're like? A fucking slave, or dog whatever is better, but I personally think dog is better because of your persona. Keep her here for the night.' He gave me a last proud glance, and walked out of the cell leaving me in the darkness. I took a deep breath, but instantly regretted it when pain shot through my chest. I used up all the energy I had left to lay down on the cold, hard ground of the cell. Ironically, the icy floor felt like some type of medication for my bruised back, and I welcomed it with open arms. Soon, I entered the world of fantasy with black sky and bright stars being the only thing that I ever wished to see.

End of Flashback

I woke up with sweat covering my body and lack of oxygen in my lungs. I threw the covers off and stood up, grabbing my knives and keeping them close to my heart. I walked towards the window and watched the beautiful sunrise as a cheap therapy to my nightmares. November 14, the day a broken soul was born. My birthday is tomorrow, and the nightmares remind me of this every night, a day or two before my birthday. 5 years ago, and the nightmares still feel like yesterday. The fear of this repeating on each of my coming birthday is greater than any emotion I've ever felt. I turned away from the beautiful orange sky and moved towards the bathroom. I took a long, relaxing shower, and changed in a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt before going downstairs. Moving towards the kitchen, the sound of packages opening and low giggling got clearer. As soon as I stepped in, a knife welcomed me and I swiftly dodged it, making it land right beside my head. Okay then.

'ELI!,' the 10 year old whisper screamed at him, while stuffing her face with chocolate mousse.

'Damn, I really do love my reflexes not gonna lie, but I'm sorry City.'

'City? That's new. What are you guys doing up so early in the morning?'

'Well, this one here wanted chocolate, and she fucking barged into my room like she owned the goddamn place.'

'I did not barge into your room, Eli. Stop being a baby.'

'Says the 10 year old.'

'Yes I am 10, but that does not mean I can't do shit to you dear brother,' Alessia spoke in a low, threatening voice glaring at her brother.

'You did not just threaten me.'

'Oh but I just did,' Eli narrowed his eyes at her while Aless' eyes widened. She squealed and jumped of the counter, and stood behind me clinging tightly to my upper legs.

'Please save me Ms. Felicity.'

'Okay guys that's enough,' I turned around and crouched down to Alessia's level. 'Princess, you do know eating chocolate this early in the morning isn't healthy right? And if your mom or older brother finds out, you both are in big trouble.'

'I know Ms. Felicity, but I was hungry and this idiot doesn't know how to make anything but diet food. I don't like that. Plus, I only had 2 bites and wasn't going to have anymore I swear.'