Forty.

Felicity Rose Alexander

Shit. Fuck.

Shit. I thought to myself again. I'll be walking in the DeSantio mansion quite literally after a week and a half of my funeral. Everyone thinks that I'm dead and once I walk back in there, it's going to be so fucking awkward. This is not a good idea. However, I had no other option, and it was more like I did not want to go for another option. I need to meet Ky and we need a literal dungeon to keep Marcello in. The car ride to the mansion was extremely quiet; the sound of our heavy breathing being the only thing disturbing the silence.

'We owe an explanation as to what the fuck happened to you.' Xavier spoke in a gentle yet angry tone.

'I know. I never said that you don't deserve to know, or I am not telling you. I will tell you at the right time and place.' I spoke calmly. He stared at me for a minute before going back to staring at the city passing by. As the mansion got closer, my thoughts clouded with picture of Kyle's figure being dragged out. I just hope he's okay.

The car came to halt, and we all rushed out without wasting another second. The doors to the mansion opened, but no one paid attention to us. I slowed my pace as the scene in front of me unfolded. Every single person surrounded Kyle's limp body, which was placed on a couch, with tears on their faces.

'What's happening?' That caught everyone's attention and all pairs of eyes turned towards me.

You're alive,' Sienna breathed out.

'I can explain everything later,' I said trying to avoid my topic and giving all the attention needed to Kyle. I slowly walked towards Kyle. His bare chest was wrapped with bandages and his whole body was pale, indicating that he was running out of blood. I crouched to his level and smiled at him while running my hands in his hair.

'Hey Ky,' I gently spoke. His eye groggily opened, and a smile instantly etched on his face.

'Hey,' he tried getting up, but instantly fell back.

'What's the condition.' I asked looking at the doctor. He just shook his head in response earning more sobs.

'Well, I'm dying. Motherfuckers shot me somewhere around my heart, legs, chest, arms and yeah. It's all good though sweetheart,' Kyle winked.

'You are not dying.'

'You know when I first met you, I instantly knew that you were an amazing person and not the rude, heartless girl everyone talked about,' he says in a serious tone. 'That day when I told you about my life, it was because I wanted to open up to you. You and I instantly clicked and I knew I could trust you.' He smiled at me. 'I love you, as a sister before Xavier ends me, Felicity Rose Alexander. You are the best sister, friend anyone could ask for.' My tears refused to stay put any longer.

'Kyle. I-I,' I let out a breath. 'What happened to playing with my kids? Who will I watch Disney movies with? Who will fight with me over food? Kyle you are an amazing person,-'

'I know I am,' I laughed and so did everyone else.

'You were the first person I became close to, and I'm so damn grateful for you in my life. I want my brother with me throughout my whole life. Do not fucking leave me.'

'People have to go; no one stays. Mason, Xavier,' he called out. 'Bro, find a new hacker that is for fucks sake good at his shit, or else I swear I will strangle you from my grave. Thank you for giving me chance Xavier. You did a lot for me and I'm so damn grateful for you. Mason. I still hate you,' Mason laughed. 'Nah, I'm playing. You were the first guy who welcomed me when I entered the HQ and damn man why the fuck were you such a gentlemen to me? For a second I thought you were gay. I love you both idiots.' Both of them bent down and did a short hug. 'Mary. Yeah, I will miss your screams and yes I will do my own shit up there.' Mary whose body was shaking because of her sobs, laid her head on his chest and cried her eyes out. 'It's fine, you'll have less people to bother you.'

'Shut up. You never bothered me in the first place.'

'I honestly love you all and thank you for everything. You guys made my life.' He coughed while clutching his stomach. 'Alright, peace out bitches.' He took his right hand and made a peace sign before coughing and closing his eyes shut. The end of his agony. I staggered back as everyone rushed towards him. I closed my eyes and tried breathing. Oxygen refused to fill my lungs, my vision blurred, and my hands started to shake. I ran out of the mansion in order for some fresh air that would allow me to breathe.

I lost him. I lost my best friend, my brother.

I slid down a wall, burying my face in my hands, and releasing the tears I had kept to myself. I never expected him to leave me. No one did. Is this my fault? I thought to myself. He was there to take revenge of my fake death. He was there fighting to kidnap Marcello. Perhaps it is my fault then. The sound of grief got louder and louder as each minute passed by. I have to stop being selfish. The people inside need me.

With those thoughts circulating in my brain, I wiped my tears and prepared myself to enter the situation. Everyone looked distressed, with bloodshot eyes and tear stained faces. Mason and Axel too had teardrops on their faces, and Xavier was trying his best to hide his emotion but he too was heartbroken. Sienna came running over to me and hugged me, crying on my shoulder. Viviana held a wailing Alessia. Elijah and Axel stood next to Mason for reassurance with a pained face of their own, while Theo side hugged Xavier. The anguishing scene in front of me making my heart break once more in a million piece.

However, this is life. Losing your loved ones without any warning. They're gone before you can even blink and you can't do shit about it.