Twenty Two.

I loathed hospitals.

It's not because I don't like seeing people get healed up, no. It's because I know that some of the patients here fighting for their lives', are put in that condition because of people like us. In particular, people like me. It hurts. It hurts seeing how families weep over the death of their loved ones, and the feeling of guilt seeing that, just grows stronger. I let out a deep sigh and looked at the head resting on my lap. Apparently, the reason why Sienna screamed was because her water broke and she was getting contractions. Seeing how Axel was so confused and in no position to drive, Xavier drove us to the hospital. Poor man got smacked in the head like 10 ten times by Sienna as according to her, Xavier was driving like a snail. A snail that went 140 miles per hour. So now we're sitting at the hospital's waiting lounge since the past hour in anticipation of the new family member.

Sienna's loud, painful cries once again filled the hallway making me flinch and Xavier sit up straight in his seat. Damn, I already miss playing with his hair.

'I hope she's okay,' I say softly while laying my head on his shoulder. He snaked an arm around my waist pulling me closer.

'She's one strong ass woman, she will be more than just okay,' he mumbled while kissing the top of my head. After a few minutes, he spoke up again, 'Amore, we're leaving tomorrow at around 3 am for the States. We have a ball to attend after the day we land.' I sat up and looked at him wanting to know more about this new piece of information.

'What ball?'

'It's an event that happens ever year for each country's mafia boss and their right hand men. It's dumb as fuck and in all honesty, I don't know why they ever came up with this stupid idea. Anyways, it has been going on since the 1995 and since then it's like a ritual that we have to follow.'

'So why do I have to go?'

'Because you will be going as my date, and we will be killing Marcello Alexander's right hand man as a warning.' I don't know which part surprised me more. The part of me going as his date, or him confirming a war with my father.

'So you're planning on assassinating my father's right hand man in an event with thousands of other people,' he nods like its no big deal. 'How exactly are you planning to do that?'

'Theo, sniper and headshot. Yeah pretty much.' My mouth formed an O and I leaned back thinking about the various possibility of how this could go. One, the shot could go perfect, killing him clean, but the place would go in a fucking mayhem. Two, he could miss the shot, although that's very unlikely, and cause chaos during the ball. Either way, there will be havoc during the whole plan. I was about to ask Xavier how he plans to deal with the coming situation, when the nurse walked in allowing us to meet Sienna, the baby girl, and Axel.

We walked in the room and saw the smiling, tear-filled faces of the new parents. Axel left Sienna's side and hugged Xavier, making me smile. I moved to Sienna hugging her slightly and overlooking at the small human being.

'I'm finally a father bro.'

'I'm proud of you,' Xavier said patting Axel's back.

'Have you thought of a name?' I asked looking at Sienna.

'We thought of Natalia. Natalia May Pietro,' she answered me looking very proud of the name chosen.

'It's beautiful. She looks exactly like you Si,'

'I know,' she said while flipping her hair over her shoulder.

'You know she's my daughter too. She definitely got the looks from her dad.' Xavier proudly smirked at his best friend showing his agreement on the statement.

'Please, she's literally the replica of me and the reason why she's so beautiful.'

'She got your beautiful eyes Axel,' I say in a barely audible whisper looking at the baby and then at him.

'Thank you,' he said smiling. 'Thank you for protecting my wife and baby by putting your own life at risk.'

'Anytime,' I say with all honesty. A presence behind me made me look up to see a very strenuous Xavier looking at the baby in admiration.

'She's beautiful,' he said with a faint smile that made my heart swell. Xavier rarely smiles, and when he does, it's mostly because of his family.

'Do you want to hold her?' I stepped back giving Xavier more space. Xavier picked the baby with ease making me think about how many times he has done this. 'I was asking you Felicity, but okay,' Sienna said slightly chuckling to herself.

Oh.

Natalia's cries brought me back out of my embarrassing trance.

'Why is she crying?'

'Dude you made my girl cry.'

'I didn't even fucking do anything.'

'Mind your language mister, I will not allow you to use foul language in front of my daughter,' she said dangerously, sounding exactly like Viviana. Xavier moved towards Sienna to hand her child back. 'Give her to Felicity. My arms are sore I need a few minutes.'

Oh. Fuck.

Xavier gently placed her in my arms, and I simply just stared at the human being. I love babies. They're the purest form of homosapien alive on this shitty world. Swaying and cooeing her in my arms, I felt like a child who just got her candy as Natalia's wailing stopped and she slowly fell asleep.

'That's not fair, she likes you more.'

'Well, what can I say. I do have that affect on people.'

'You sure do,' he whispered in my ear. I swear I was about to drop Natalia.

'WHERE IS THE FUCKING BABY?' The door flew open showcasing a screaming Theo while Viviana smacked him, and Natalia stirred in my arms obvious to the sudden commotion. In a flash, Alessia and Eli were by my side staring at the baby in awe.

'It's so cute,' Theo and Eli remarked at the same time.

'She. She's so cute. She's a human being not a thing you dimwits.' Theo extended his arms towards me indicating that he wanted to hold her. I looked at Sienna for permission then handed her to him. I still don't trust Theo, and hurting the baby because of me would not even be the last thing that I would want. I looked around the room smiling at how everyone looked so happy and peaceful. My eyes stopped at Xavier who was staring directly at me with a smirk on his face.

'Why are you smirking?' I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

'Probably thinking about your future babies with him,' Eli said nudging his older brother while wiggling his eyes. I chocked on thin fucking air, while Xavier growled at his brother.

'I swear fratello, you'll be the next one waking up on a hospital bed.'

'But did I lie though?' Xavier narrowed his eyes and got ready to beat the shit out of his brother.

'Xavier. Move, and I'll break your legs. We're in a hospital, both of you behave for fucks sake.'

'What the fuck? Its not even my fault-,'

'I swear to God, one more curse in front of my daughter and I'll quite literally take your ability to speak. Whether that's going to be with a duct tape over your mouth, or cutting your tongues off,' Sienna glared at everyone causing them to shut up.

I'm going to miss this.