Thirty Two.

Felicity Rose Alexander

'What's it going to be today?' I asked my father as he walked in the cell along with a couple of his men.

It is my third day in this cell, and this would be my third or fourth training, I don't know and I can't seem to care as I basically have nothing else left in my body that could possibly hurt. I haven't eaten anything except a granola bar and a few sips of water, for which I had to get an extra one hour beating. My body is filled with cuts, bruises and dried blood along with my tears. I'm genuinely disgusted by myself.

'Ah, I see that you're getting submissive. It was bound to happen one day or another.'

'Nope, it's more like getting used to your bullshit. Besides, do whatever you want, you won't get the same pleasure you used to. My body is done for.' Marcello Alexander smirked.

'Now that you've said that, let's try something new shall we.' He gave a hand gesture to the force behind him, and his men came towards my limp body. They picked my useless frame, which was in the worst condition from the whipping of a metal rod yesterday, and tied my hands up to a rod. Every part of me ached, but there was nothing I could do about it.

'Let's see. Whips with thorns or heated metal knife? Hmmm, I think we should do both.' I saw my mother's knife being dipped in black, burning coal. After a few minutes, the orange blade glistened in the dark as he brought it up to the air. I clenched my fists and held the tears back. 'Not so brave now are we?' My walls started to crumble upon seeing the knife come nearer, and I wanted to do nothing but cry for help. 'Let the fun begin,' he smirked evilly while placing the blade on my inner thigh. I screamed. I screamed to be heard, to beg for help, but instead I got laughter in return. My voice soon faltered as I realized it's so fucking useless. My eyes started to droop but never fully closed, no matter how much I wanted that to happen.

'Eh, the other thigh looks bare. Might as well make them look even.' He turned and dipped the blade into the can of charcoal and waited for a few minutes. 'You know, I always wanted a son so that I could make him a brave, fearless man-,'

'Something that you never were and never will be.' He yanked the blade out of the pot and placed it on my left, inner thigh. I didn't scream this time.

'I'm glad I never got a son though; or else it would hurt me so much doing something like this to him.' He kept rambling about how he was so disappointed to have me, but I paid no attention. I wasn't able to pay attention because of the throbbing pain. I closed my eyes as the blade once again touched my body, which part? I don't know. I couldn't feel anything. I was dead yet alive. I wanted all of me to pass away, but my cries were useless.

The chatter and laughter died and with all the energy I had left, I craned my neck up. Men whispered in my father's ears as he dropped everything and hurried out. I let out a sigh of relief, but at the same time I wanted this to continue, to gain death in the end. Men hastily released me, throwing me on the ground and rushing out. The countless wounds on my body ached as my frame hit the floor. Then, I sobbed, drenching in my own tears. Screams being the last thing I remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faint sunlight gleamed on my face and the ground pounded beneath me. I forced myself to sit up but my body refused to comply. I laid back down and closed my eyes taking in the voices around me. Even though they were obscure, it didn't even take me a second to realize it was the sound of gunshots. A lot of them. Screams and gunshots filled the barren cell, making me feel at peace. I hope that whoever it is, ruins my father. A small smile danced on my lips but it fell in a second when the cell gate burst open.

'Get her out of here, now! Go!' A man standing out from the rest, wearing a black suit barked orders at the people behind him. He probably is the new consigliere; I thought to myself. They picked my desolate body quite harshly by underneath my arms, and dragged me out towards the top floor.

The main floor was trashed. Trashed with dead bodies of my father's men and I couldn't help but bring back the smile on my face. This was most probably my only chance to run away, but I didn't, more like I couldn't. My body wasn't able to move without support and nothing gets done when you don't put your heart to it. At this point, I wanted to stand in the middle of the shooting so that bullets could go past my body, killing me.

'GET HER OUT! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR!'

'KILL EVERY SINGLE MOTHERFUCKER!' That voice. That deep, dominant voice filled with venom. I let me eyes roam around the room, and I swear I wanted to squeal in joy.

'XAVIER! KYLE!' The moment seemed to cease as I shouted with so much power that my body began to shake. I didn't care when men surround me, touching my bare body in order for me to shut up. If i was going to die today, at least I saw them before leaving this world. Both of them charged towards me, not giving a damn as bullets threatened to penetrate their bodies. They stopped a few inches away from me as my father's force stood in front of me, like a barrier. A pathetic, weak, and useless barrier.

'Not so fast Mr. Desantio,' the new consigliere spoke, standing in front of me.

Xavier DeSantio scoffed, raised his gun, and shot him between the eyes. The men behind me fell to the floor with a loud thud as gunshots rang in the atmosphere.  Turning around, I saw Mason with two AK47s.

The only thing was, my father's men weren't the only one to hit the ground, lifeless. I did too.