Twenty Four.

Walking through the safe house for the fifth time, I groaned quite loudly as my fifth attempt to find Xavier went down the fucking drain. I've been trying to talk to him since last night after the meeting was over, but every time I tried approaching him, he would move to the opposite direction taking either Kyle or Mason with him for a 'meeting'. It doesn't take an idiot to realize that he's been avoiding me; the reason, however, remains unknown. I plopped down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. The event is in less than 6 hours and I'm freaking the fuck out. The thought alone of our plan going wrong and me ending up in the lion's den was enough to keep me on the edge. In addition to that, Xavier ignoring me for the past 2 days was definitely not helping. I don't mind if he needs some space, but at least tell me, give me a fucking reason for pushing me away. I groaned for what felt like the hundredth time today and tugged on my brown locks.

'If you want to go bald, just shave. Why put so much effort?' Kyle gave his dumb remark on my frustration while collapsing on the couch beside me.

'Not right now Kyle. Not now.'

'Hey, what's wrong?' he questioned in a soft tone.

'I don't know. I'm just nervous for tonight, and I know that its funny coming from a person who took more than a thousand lives, but I can't stop thinking about all the things that could go wrong. I'm not supposed to feel emotions and now I understand why.'

'It's okay to feel that way Felicity. You're going to make an appearance after 9 fucking years, that too by killing your father's right hand man. If you ask me, that's pretty badass,' I smiled at that. 'I don't think you should be worried about the escaping part, as both of us are experts at running away, no?' I actually laughed at that.

'Yes sir,' I gave him a fake salute.

'And Felicity,' I hummed looking at him with a raised eyebrow. 'Giuro sulla mia vita che ti riporterò qui, proprio su questo divano illeso.'

(I swear on my life that I will bring you back here, right on this sofa, unharmed.)

After 5 minutes of us quietly staring at each other, I gave him a small smile.

'Do you want to accompany me in a meeting with the brood, sweetheart?' He extended a hand towards me while I let out a very unlady like snort.

'Really? Again with the nickname.' I said as we walked towards the training room.

'It suits you,' another snort. We were greeted with pin-drop silence, and all pairs of eyes turned to look at us.

'Gentlemen,' an authoritative voice announced. I looked at the source of the voice and did a double take on Kyle who was standing with an expression I couldn't quite put a finger on. He looked like he was about to murder someone any second, a typical mafia leader expression. 'I need you all in meeting room 2 to discuss and confirm tonight's events.'

'Where's the Don and Mr. Russo?'

'They are not here at the moment as you can see, unless you're blind of course. I'm in charge so don't make me repeat my orders twice.' We turned around to leave but stopped dead in our tracks as a guy scoffed.

'You really think we're going to take orders from a kid, eh? A kid who cracks shit jokes all the time and probably doesn't know anything about the mafia.' His fellow friends laughed with him while giving him a high five. Stillness. The one word that described the thick atmosphere in the room. In a blink of the eye, Kyle was across the room holding the 2 men by their neck, his veins popping out.

'I'll say this once and for all. Disrespect is not fucking allowed here. I'm being nice and respectful to you all, but you aren't giving me a reason to continue treating you like that. You want me to treat you like a piece of shit? I'll happily do so.' I could see Kyle's grip on their necks getting tighter with every word. He finally let them go but not before taking his pistol and keeping it at the throat of the man who spoke to him like that. 'Give me one reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger. Come on cagna speak!' The whole room flinched at his harshness. After 5 minutes of silence, 'Meh, not enough,' were the last words spoken along with the echo of a gunshot ringing in the still atmosphere.