Nine.

Jonathan's words kept echoing in my head, and I couldn't sleep the whole night thinking about the meaning behind his sentence. To say that he's really sketchy would be an understatement. I could conclude saying that he is the mole, but I don't have enough proof to prove that, and besides he could be like the rest of the men in the household that despise me. Probably the latter.

It's 10 am and I'm still in bed doing nothing but staring at the ceiling. I did not even have the energy to have breakfast with the family, and so Mary brought me food to my room before leaving to get some groceries with Chef Alfonso. The house is practically empty with only a few men here and there, and me sitting locked up in my bedroom. After the meeting Mason was called to, I didn't see any of the guys around the house and I couldn't help but feel a little guilty about the whole situation. Xavier's shipments were stolen because of me, my father and his men were after his ass because of me, and they were stressed as fuck because of me. I mean I know that I didn't ask to be here and it was Xavier's decision, but I am here now and all of this is happening because me; nothing can change the facts. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths in the effort of trying to calm my nerves, but nothing seemed to work. I could go to the gym and workout, but I'm too physically drained to do that. I don't know how or when, but darkness enveloped me and I went into a dreamless slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was woken up by someone stroking my hair very gently. Usually I would freak out and reach out for the knife or gun I always have hidden, but I was used to the soft gentle hands. I smiled at the small yet meaningful gesture Mary was conveying, and slowly opened to look at her.

'You look beautiful while sleeping dear,' she smiled back at me.

'Only when I'm sleeping?'

'Hmmmm. Maybeee?' I laughed at her childish behavior. I stood up from the bed and walked to the bathroom to wash my face. 'I'm mad at you though,' she said when I walked out of the bathroom.

'What? Why'?

'Dear, it's almost 5 pm and you haven't eaten anything since the morning. You need food in you to do the badass stuff you people do.'

'I'll eat now, don't worry,' I smiled at her.

'I'm waiting for you downstairs, get dressed,' I nodded and with that, she left the room.

I took a quick shower and changed into some blue jeans and a loose white t shirt with brown boots. I went downstairs and sat at the bar stool looking at Chef Alfonso cook.

'Ah, Felicity dear, how are you?'

'I'm fine, what about you?'

'Good good.'

'This one here hasn't eaten anything since the morning and that's exactly why she looks so pale.'

'I'm fine Mary,' I say while she pushed a plate mac and cheese towards me.

'Enjoy your meal dear.' With that they both walked out towards the main living room to do their own work. I looked around the house and sighed at its emptiness. I haven't talked to Kyle for a long time and I'm going to be lying if I say that I don't miss his annoying ass. Finishing up my food, I moved towards the sink and washed my plate and went to search for Mary. I found her gardening in the backyard.

'Mary, can I ask you for a favor?'

'Yes dear of course.'

'Can you uhm take me with you next time when you go out. Its been a very long time since I went out and I thought it would be a nice change even if it were a few minutes.' I knew it was dangerous for me to go out, but I just needed a few minutes of the country air for a change.